Arbour Lake – Calgary Lake Communities
Arbour Lake is a well-established Calgary lake community in the northwest quadrant. Founded in 1992, the community is centered on a man-made lake and is only minutes of driving from Crowfoot, one of the largest outdoor shopping centres in Calgary.
These two features alone have made living in Arbour Lake as convenient as it gets for any lake community in Calgary, with heaps of essential amenities, services and recreational opportunities very close to home.
All of this and more is yours as a resident of Arbour Lake without sacrificing too much of the urban lifestyle for living in such a beautiful lake community.
Commuting to downtown Calgary takes approximately 20 minutes, give or take depending on traffic, while ample access to other parts of Calgary are provided by Country Hills, Crowchild Trail and the nearby ring road of Stoney Trail.
Calgary’s Best Neighbourhoods 2012 – #2
It’s no surprise to see Arbour Lake rank second on Avenue Magazine’s list of Best Calgary Neighbourhoods for 2012. It’s hard to look past the amazing location, extensive list of amenities and breathtaking mountain views characteristic of some of its homes.
But these aren’t the only reasons why the neighbourhood is so well liked…
Arbour Lake is also a very family orientated community. It is generally a safe place for families to live and play and is a great place for the kids to grow up, with a majority of its population under the age of 24.
Here are some relevant statistics for Arbour Lake…
Arbour Lake Statistics (taken from Alberta Government census)
- Population under age of 24 (2011) – 32.8%
- Population between age of 24 and 54 (2011) – 43.1%
- Population over age of 54 (2011) – 24.2%
- Average Household Income (2005) – $82,267
- Persons with high school diploma or higher (2006) – 84.3%
- Percentage of people who own (2006) – 90.8%
- Percentage of people who rent (2006) – 9.2%
As with any man-made lake community in Calgary such as Auburn Bay for example, the quality of water in the lake is of the utmost importance. The Arbour Lake Residents Association (ALRA) takes pride in keeping the lakes water as clean as possible, with weekly water samples tested at a provincial lab and results monitored by the government.
ALRA is 100% committed to maintaining the water in the lake as clean and pollution free as possible, meaning a cleaner, more toxic free water environment for you and your family to enjoy the spoils of.
Also, be sure to check out Mahogany Calgary Lake Community, on the opposite end of the city.
Questions about Arbour Lake Calgary?
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me for answers! Call me today at 403-370-4170 or message me below using the contact form.
Search Arbour Lake Listings
172 ARBOUR RIDGE Way NW in Calgary: Arbour Lake House for sale : MLS®# C4244572$435,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,427 sq. ft.133 m2Beautiful 4 bedroom 3.5 bathroom home located in the community of Arbour Lake. As Northwest Calgary’s only lake community this home is situated in a very ideal location for family’s with surrounding parks, schools with a quick commute to all shopping and amenities. Also this part of the NW is a short 45 minute drive to the heart of the Rocky Mountains. This home offers a contemporary, modern feel throughout with 3 bedrooms upstairs and a newly developed basement with an additional bedroom. The newly developed basement offers updated features and adds an extra living space to this already spacious home for relaxing or for guests. Brand new roof completed in the fall of 2018. The home backs onto a large backyard which is perfect for outdoor activities and to enjoy during summer evenings. More detailsListed by UNISON REALTY GROUP LTD.
421 ARBOUR LAKE Drive NW in Calgary: Arbour Lake House for sale : MLS®# C4241152$749,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,462 sq. ft.229 m2Luxury Home in Award-Winning Lake Community. This beautiful home offers many unique features ie. elegant lighting, custom California Closets, on demand hot water system & radon detection system. Abundant privacy with green space directly across the street and at rear of home. The backyard is a gardener's delight featuring a variety of plants and trees in a terraced garden. At the top of the stairs (second floor), you will find a large bonus room brimming with natural light. Recent upgrades include: fresh paint, new quartz countertops & new stainless steel appliances in kitchen. Arbour Lake was voted as one of the top award-winning communities in Calgary & offering exclusive access to the private lake and world class amenities such as fishing & tennis for its residents. This property is walking distance to a large park & soccer field and close to Crowfoot Shopping Centre and LRT station. In addition to its good looks, this property offers 3 finished levels, 5 bedrooms and 3470 ft2 of living space. Convenient Location - Walking distance to two primary schools and one high school as well as walking distance to the Crowfoot Shopping Centre with public library and YMCA. More detailsListed by ENGEL & VOLKERS CALGARY
23 ARBOUR BUTTE Way NW in Calgary: Arbour Lake House for sale : MLS®# C4215235$589,900Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,013 sq. ft.187 m2This 4 level split family home is located on a quiet street of the sought after Arbour Lake, totally of 2986 sq ft developed living area, including of 6 bedrooms and 3 full baths, excellent for a large family. The living room has a 12' high ceilings. Large open kitchen with a eating nook and adjoining family room with a south exposure. 2 good size bedrooms tucked away down the hall. The huge master bedroom is one level up with lots of room for a king size bed, there is a 3 pc ensuite and a walk in closet. The walk out basement is totally finished with 2 more bedrooms and a recreation room and full bath. The workshop or studio room is easily to covert to a single garage. The HOA gives you the privilege to take your family to enjoy the lake and all its activities. Close to shopping and the LRT. Don't miss this one. More detailsListed by REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONALS INC.