Bearspaw Homes for Sale
Bearspaw homes for sale are ideal for upscale buyers looking to get more out of their home than just the ordinary. Found just outside the northwest quadrant on the way to Cochrane and the Rocky Mountains, Bearspaw is characterized by beautiful rolling foothills, pristine mountain views, custom-built acreages and sprawling luxury mansions. In fact, it may just be one of the most luxurious areas of Calgary to live in.
Begin your search of Bearspaw homes for sale near Calgary below! To find out more about the community or to schedule a private showing of any listing below, contact our team of experienced Realtors® by calling Cody & Jordan at 403-370-4008 anytime and we’ll be happy to assist you!
Rocky Ridge Road W-5 R-2, T- 26 ,S-9 Q SW Range road 24 Road NW in Rural Rocky View County: Rural Rocky View MD Residential Land for sale : MLS®# A2028674
Rocky Ridge Road W-5 R-2, T- 26 ,S-9 Q SW Range road 24 Road NW Rural Rocky View MD Rural Rocky View County T3R 1E4$8,750,000Land
- MLS® Num:
- A2028674Sellers would look at vendor financing (VTB). This area is being identified as a future residential growth area between Calgary and Bearspaw, Currently zoned AG, Prime development location. This property provides an excellent opportunity for a developer/investor.281 ACRES of land. It is inside the Bearspaw Area Structure Plan. .Located 1/4 mile north of the Calgary city limits near the northwest Calgary community of Rocky Ridge Ranch. Between Rocky Ridge Road and Range Road 23. .- This land is extremely well situated to benefit from the continuing expansion around it. With each major announcement, the land becomes more valuable. The MD of Rocky View has set records for development to meet strong real estate demand in the surrounding areas. This property a minute from Calgary.. This property is located within an approved Area Structure Plan in Rocky View County More detailsListed by CIR REALTY
39 Bearspaw Pointe Place in Rural Rocky View County: Rural Rocky View MD Detached for sale : MLS®# A2018802
39 Bearspaw Pointe Place Rural Rocky View MD Rural Rocky View County T3L 2P5$2,295,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,115 sq. ft.196 m2UNOBSTRUCTED PANORAMIC MOUNTAIN and RIVER VALLEY VIEWS! This is a rare opportunity to own a property in a location like this with a special view that will take your breath away. This fully renovated and developed ridge property (4,000+/-SF) is conveniently located within minutes from Calgary with a short walk to the K-8 Bearspaw Public School. The floor to ceiling windows take in the picturesque view, along with 3 exterior relaxation areas. The open main floor is perfect for entertaining w/ a spacious kitchen w/gas stove, SS appliances, granite, large island and attached dining and living area. Included on the main is a large master w/ a luxurious en-suite, office/den and 2 other main floor bedrooms. The walkout is fully developed w/ 2 more spacious bedrooms, large formal media room, a second kitchen and lots of storage. Cozy in the winter with gas fireplaces on both levels and the comforts of A/C in the summer. The home has 3 full baths and a half bath, exterior gardens, and laundry hook up on 2 levels. Don't forget the attached 3 car garage, all on a 2.22 acre lot. Be sure to book your private viewing to fully experience the spectacular, unobstructed views. There are laundry connections on the main floor behind the cabinet by the garage entrance. More detailsListed by RE/MAX REAL ESTATE (MOUNTAIN VIEW)
32138 Township Road 260 in Rural Rocky View County: Rural Rocky View MD Detached for sale : MLS®# A2003702
32138 Township Road 260 Rural Rocky View MD Rural Rocky View County T4C 2H3$5,250,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 6,458 sq. ft.600 m2Private acreage oasis in exclusive Bearspaw! Purposefully-built by McKinley Masters and boasting the finest of imported and local materials, this gated 11,200 SqFt, 6 bedroom country estate reflects a level of quality second to none. Sitting on 12 acres of expansive grounds and meticulous landscaping with pond and waterfall feature, this gem boasts awe-inspiring views of the Rocky Mountains to the west and the expansive rolling foothills of the Glenbow valley to the south. Artfully designed and freshly painted, this home impresses at first glance with a natural stone exterior and custom glass door. Detailed by exceptional artisans with European flair, the interior boasts site-finished walnut floors, beamed/vaulted ceilings, solid pine doors, exquisite mouldings and millwork, European wrought iron accents, European tilt and turn windows, intricate brass hardware, granite countertops, stone tile with detailed inlay, Kohler fixtures, designer lighting and window coverings. Designed for family and entertaining, this home boasts an open concept living room with gas fireplace, formal dining room for those special occasions, chef’s kitchen complete with top-of-line stainless steel appliances and a breakfast nook with balcony access where one can enjoy their morning coffee. On the main floor you will also find the luxuriously appointed master retreat with fireplace, oversized dressing room, spa-like ensuite and soaker tub. A second bedroom with en suite, library/flex room with fireplace and a year-round breeze room complete the main floor. Upstairs, you’re greeted by an open landing with views of the living room below and the outdoor surroundings. Here is where you will find an executive office and two additional bedrooms. An elevator transports you to the walkout lower level where you're greeted by a cozy living room with wood burning fireplace, full bar and a wine room. A media room, gym/hot tub, flex room with another wood burning fireplace PLUS two additional bedrooms, complete the lower level. For the car aficionado is the heated, oversized 5-car garage. The outdoor living features are endless with ample room for horses and to explore the beautiful landscape. Surrounded by acres of undeveloped land, this estate is a once in a generation opportunity. Close to schools, shopping, amenities, golf and only 25 minutes from downtown Calgary, don’t miss this rare find. More detailsListed by SOTHEBY'S INTERNATIONAL REALTY CANADA
254209 Woodland Road in Rural Rocky View County: Rural Rocky View MD Detached for sale : MLS®# A1109040
254209 Woodland Road Rural Rocky View MD Rural Rocky View County T3L 2R2$2,900,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,026 sq. ft.188 m2Immaculate Home close to Calgary situated on a sub-dividable 15.99 acre lot surrounded by beautiful trees and landscaping. Italian inspired construction with predominant concrete throughout and a cold room cellar that's naturally cold all year round without mechanical intervention. The 3 Bedroom (two above grade) open concept Walkout Home is well illuminated and features a beautiful kitchen, eating area / dining room, upper loft flex room / floor, gas fire place on main floor, wood burning fire place on lower floor, split access from the garage to the lower level and main level, laundry roughed in upstairs and full laundry downstairs, wet bar downstairs, second kitchen on lower floor and den. Incredible attached heated greenhouse and enclosed patio in the back. More detailsListed by MARKETEDGE REALTY
260100 Glenbow Road in Rural Rocky View County: Rural Rocky View MD Land for sale : MLS®# C4239441
260100 Glenbow Road Rural Rocky View MD Rural Rocky View County T4C 1A3$1,088,900Land
- MLS® Num:
- C4239441This exceptional property has an amazing mountain backdrop, with panoramic views of native grass and tree bluffs in the surrounding rolling hills. It also overlooks the expansive river valley provincial park of Glenbow Ranch . Including a 20-acre R2 parcel of land that has many developable options, from keeping it a single lot to subdividing it to a maximum density of 5-4 acre lots(as recently discussed with the Rocky View County regarding their guidelines). Buyers should confirm all information with Rocky View County. The lot has a drilled well but has easy access to the water co-op which runs along the south boundary. Power is already on site and the natural gas runs North to South on this development. The access road has been built to county standards. While this location offers quiet country living, it is less than 2 kilometers to Cochrane and a 30-minute drive to downtown Calgary, which offers the homeowner lifestyle with easy access to all amenities. More detailsListed by HOUSTON REALTY.ca
Search Calgary Real Estate
Search the newest real estate listings in Calgary by beds / baths / community / price + more options today!
Browse Acreage Real Estate
Why Choose Bearspaw Real Estate?
- Multiple subdivisions with different characteristics and custom-built estate homes to choose from: Lynx Ridge, Watermark, Blueridge Estates, Church Ranches Estates, Silverhorn, etc.
- Host to luxury acreage homes that offer only the best in privacy, square footage and high-end features
- Spacious acreage lots with anywhere from 1-3 acres or more of private land
- Stunning views of the rolling foothills and Rocky Mountains to the west
- Quick-and-easy access to amenities in Calgary and Cochrane via Crowchild Trail (Highway 1A)
Past Sold Listing in Watermark at Bearspaw
Bearspaw is an exclusive rural area in Rocky View County just northwest of Calgary where you’ll find some of the region's finest addresses. Multi-million dollar mansions on sprawling acreages with breathtaking panoramic mountain views characterize Bearspaw houses for sale very well, although not all properties are priced over the $1 million mark.
Several subdivisions found throughout the area has made sure there’s a property available for a wide range of upscale buyers. Some of those include:
Watermark at Bearspaw
Watermark at Bearspaw is another sought-after subdivision host to a full spectrum of stunning lakeside estate properties just outside the northwest city limits.
The award-winning community has consistently been named one of Calgary’s premier communities in the Rocky View Rural District and is popular among many urban professionals looking for a high-end estate home with all the benefits, not too close or too far from downtown.
Blue Ridge Estates
Blue Ridge Estates is an established sub-development in the Bearspaw area featuring expansive estate homes just north of Watermark and west of Tuscany. Residents enjoy convenient access to amenities and main city throughways such as Stoney and Crowchild Trails, with just a one-minute drive from Calgary’s city limits.
Acreage homes in Blue Ridge Estates offer spectacular mountain views from nearly every room. Most of these homes have been renovated from the ground up, as they are older construction properties dating back to the late 1980s and early 1990s.
Church Ranches is yet another highly sought-after luxury community in Bearspaw, just northwest of Calgary’s city limits. Developed in the 1990s, estate acreages in Church Ranches are some of the most luxurious properties in the area.
Churches Ranches Estates has a lot to offer residents including a luxury lifestyle in expansive estate acreage homes set amid rolling foothills and sparkling man-made ponds. An interconnecting paved pathway system serves to connect homes to one another in the neighbourhood, making it an excellent place for families to grow with one another and make lasting memories.
Silverhorn is another sub-division of Bearspaw featuring high-end luxury estate homes with all the bells and whistles you’d expect. Combining a cosmopolitan lifestyle with country living, the community allows you to live every day to the fullest with the utmost privacy.
To date, Silverhorn has nearly 60 developmental land parcels, only a handful of which are still available. With over 5,000 square feet of living space, these Bearspaw homes for sale near Calgary are easily well over the $2 million mark.
Lynx Ridge is a popular subdivision of Bearspaw where you’ll find homes priced from the $800s to well over $2 million. It surrounds the Lynx Ridge Golf Course and is nestled just outside amenities near Tuscany, making it a popular subdivision for potential buyers to look into when browsing Bearspaw homes for sale.
Rocky Ridge YMCA
One of the best things about Bearspsaw real estate is that it offers homeowners the ultimate in privacy and luxury just minutes away from essential amenities. For example, residents have quick-and-easy access to:
> Bearspaw Lifestyle Centre, a non-profit community centre that offers several recreational, social and educational programs for a wide range of age groups.
> Bearspaw Farmers Market, open seasonally where you’ll find the freshest produce and other goods of all sorts
> Rocky Ridge YMCA, a relatively new indoor sports and recreation centre with over 284,000 square feet of family-friendly recreational fun, including a world-class fitness centre, triple gymnasium, a feature-packed aquatic centre, the BMO Theatre and a Calgary Public Library.
> Downtown Cochrane along the 5th Avenue area where you’ll find the mainstay of amenities such as Canadian Tire, Walmat, Save-On-Foods + more
> Royal Oak Centre where you’ll find nearly 80 restaurants, shops and services including Walmart, London Drugs, Sobeys + more
> Beacon Hill Centre where you’ll find more than 60 shops and almost every department store you could hope for: Home Depot, Costco, HomeSense + more
Bearspaw Designated Schools
Bearspaw is serviced by the Rocky View School District, part of the Rocky View County M.D. in Southern Alberta. Apart from the Bearspaw School (K-G8), Calgary also offers students educational opportunities in nearby communities.
For more information on designated schools, please see:
Bearspaw Community FAQs
Past Sold Listing in Bearspaw
Q. How far away is downtown Calgary?
A. If you live in Bearspaw, getting to and from downtown Calgary will take anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes depending on rush hour traffic and weather. Without rush hour, and in good weather conditions, you could make it to the downtown office within 20 minutes.
Q. Is there enough amenities close by?
A. Yes. Bearspaw homeowners have convenient access to all the restaurants, shops and services they could hope for in Cochrane and the deep northwest Calgary communities of Royal Oak and Rocky Ridge.
Q. What is the average house price?
A. Bearspaw homes for sale typically go for anywhere from $1 million to $2.5 million or more. As one of the most luxurious areas to live in the Calgary Metropolitan Area, these rural homes are sought after by many urban professionals and executives looking for more than the ordinary out of their estate property.
Q. How big are the lots?
A. It’s no secret that lot sizes in Bearspaw are huge. Acreages near Calgary are often anywhere from 1 to 3 acres in size, with some Bearspaw lots going even larger than that.
Q. Is there any walkability?
A. Unless you live in a home near the Bearspaw School (which serves kindergarten to grade eight), you’ll likely be driving almost everywhere to live out your day-to-day life.
Q. Are there new homes available?
Q. Yes, the area’s real estate includes several new home developments from a handful of Calgary’s most renowned luxury builders. Given the ‘estate’ nature of these properties, you can expect new homes for sale in Bearspaw to go for anywhere from the high $1 million to mid $2 million or more.
Q. Why is the area so expensive?
A. Bearspaw homes for sale are listed for what they are due to several reasons:
• Acreage lots that provide the ultimate in privacy and outdoor leisure opportunities for families
• Custom-built luxury homes with high-end features and specifications throughout
• Close to the Rocky Mountains, perfect for a getaway to enjoy the outdoors
• Not too far from the city, but not too close --- a serene living experience through and through
• Fresh air away from the city pollution and white noise
Bearspaw Real Estate Agents
Browsing houses for sale in Bearspaw? Thinking about selling your current acreage in the area? Our team of experienced Realtors® in Calgary with RE/MAX House of Real Estate have the knowledge, tools and skillset to help guide you toward a successful transaction!
Contact Cody & Jordan anytime at 403-519-0495 if you have questions or would like us to set up a private showing for you of any listing you’ve seen here! Get a 100% Free, No-Obligation Evaluation for your Bearspaw home near Calgary today!
We are looking forward to helping you accomplish your real estate goals!
Return to Best Calgary Homes