Calgary Indoor Activities
- March 28, 2011
- By Cody Battershill
Calgary Activities and Events! Indoor Fun
Here are some ideas to get out and try something new. Calgary is a great city and there are so many activities, events and attractions to check out. Never have a dull moment!!!
If you need help with a recommendation of when or where to go, what to do or what to eat then please leave a comment, write on the Calgaryism Facebook wall , email me , or please feel free to call me directly at 403-370-4180 and I will be happy to give you my opinion and share with you my knowledge of this amazing city.
Calgary Activities, Events and Stuff to do Indoors:
- Go to the Gym!
- Yoga, Yoga, Yoga
- Go out for Coffee
- Go play Laser tag
- Go indoor paint balling
- Visit the Calgary Tower
- Sign up for a Dance class
- Visit the Military Museum
- Go swimming at a public pool
- Stay home and watch a movie
- Take in an Alberta Ballet show
- Walk around Eau Claire market
- Go skating at the Olympic Oval
- Swing the clubs at the Golf Dome
- Catch a Jubilation's dinner production
- Play some squash racket ball or tennis
- Make dinner and have some friends over
- Take in a show at Stage West Dinner Theatre
- Play Soccer at the soccer dome (NW or SE)
- Go out for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner
- Check out the Calgary Philharmonic orchestra
- Sign up for lessons at the Calgary Fencing Club
- Grab a bubble tea and check out an Internet Cafe
- Go Shopping at the new expansion of Chinook Mall
- Go to a Movie! (Check out my Movie Theatre Blog)
- Catch a comedy show at Yuk Yuks or the comedy cave
- Take the kids to Chucky Cheese or a MacDonald's Play Place
- Take aim at the Shooters Edge and practice your target shooting
- Take in a Sporting event like the Flames, Hitmen or Roughnecks
- Go to the wave pool (Southland leisure center, NE leisure center)
- Go to the Theater ( Calgary has several excellent theater productions)
- Watch the hilarious Aussie Rules dueling pianos... (A fun time with friends)
- Go to the Arcade ( The biggest and best is at Cross Iron Mills Movie Theater)
- Go Shopping at the renovated Market Mall, Southland Mall or Sunridge Mall.
- Visit the Devonian Gardens (Re-opening this Fall, with a gorgeous new look)
- Stay home and play some board games (Monopoly, Cards or Jenga Anyone?)
- If playing poker is your thing maybe visit the casino (with a budget of course)
- Go Bowling at Chinook Mall, Mountain view Bowling, Lets Bowl or Frank Sissons.
- Buy some tickets for an upcoming concert at the Saddle dome or Jubilee Auditorium
- Go shopping downtown at "The Core" (Home to the worlds longest continuous skylight)
- Paint your own pottery (cups, bowls, mugs, plates, Elvis heads, etc...) Its So Much Fun!
- Find an indoor recreation sports league like dodgeball, floor hockey, indoor soccer etc...
- Learn a new Language! There are all sorts of language instruction classes all over the City.
- Visit one of the several Farmers markets ( Currie Barracks, Inglewood, Heritage Park Etc.)
- Start taking martial arts classes (Muay Thai, Karate, KravMaga, Kung Fun, Judo, MMA, etc)
Dont Forget to "LIKE" Calgaryism on Facebook to the right of this page and If I have missed anything please leave a comment below so I can add it to the list!!!