Palliser Southwest Calgary Homes
Palliser is a SW Calgary community host to a variety of well-established homes with larger than average lots sizes. Established in 1967, Palliser adopted its name from the famous Captain John Palliser who had an integral part in the early exploration and surveying of western Canada. Palliser included the area known as Pump Hill up until 1991, when they were segregated from each other into their own neighbourhoods.
Known for its typically older luxury houses, abundance of recreational spaces and prime Calgary location, Palliser has become a popular living destination in southwest Calgary. Homes in this community are considerably less than in the neighbouring luxury neighbourhoods of Pump Hill and Bayview.
Palliser Amenities and Services
One of the advantages of living in this well known Calgary community is the location. Only approximately six kilometers away from downtown Calgary, driving to and from the city centre takes about fifteen minutes. Driving to South Centre Mall or Chinook Mall takes even less time. Connectivity to main routes like Crowchild, Glenmore and Deerfoot take only minutes to reach that get you where you need to go around Calgary.
Two of its best attributes include being less than 500m south of the Glenmore Reservoir and having South Land Leisure Centre located on the SE corner of the community. Recreational opportunities provided by these two places alone are endless! With an extremely low crime rate and quiet ambiance, it’s no wonder why Palliser is one of Calgary’s desirable southwest communities.
Palliser students are designated to attend the same schools as its neighbouring community of Pump Hill. Chances are the kids will find friends in the area so attending the same school could be great! Both elementary and junior high are located in Palliser and Pump Hill, a fantastic convenience for parents. Elementary designation is to Nellie McClung (in Palliser), while junior high designation is to John Ware (in Pump Hill). High school students are to attend Henry Wise Wood which is somewhat close by, approximately 3.5 kilometers NE towards downtown Calgary.
Palliser is a great southwest Calgary location to live and is moderately close to downtown. We have put together some pertinent statistics concerning the area. (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 22.7%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 36.2%
- Ages 55 and up – 41.2%
- Average household income – $59,127 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 85.9%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 65.0%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 35.3%
Palliser Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – 90th Avenue SW
- Eastern Border – 19th Street SW
- Southern Border – Southland Drive SW
- Western Border – 24th Street SW
Questions about Southwest Calgary Homes?
I would love to answer them for you! Get a hold of me today at 403-370-4180 or message me below! This is my commitment to you.
Search all Palliser MLS® Real Estate Listings Now
9831 PALISTONE Road SW in Calgary: Palliser House for sale : MLS®# C4255701$539,900Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,320 sq. ft.123 m2When a LOT matters! Private & beautiful, 664m2 lot, 60’ frontage x 110’ depth. The mature trees have been loved & the landscaping well cared for. The huge tiered deck is being refinished & has room for all. Most of the fence has been replaced. Exterior is finished in Stucco & Brick. The Shingles are new! Great location in the heart of Palliser blocks from Nellie McClung Elementary, Shopping, Public transit & the Glenmore Reservoir. Oversized Garage (26’W x 21’L) with plenty of room for both vehicles & a workshop. This sprawling bungalow has a great floor plan with the kitchen & living area looking out to the yard. 3 bedrooms up with a 2pc master ensuite & 4 pc main bath, separate shower & tub. Developed basement with a 4th bedroom, big rec room, a den & 4 pc bath with separate shower, 2-person jet tub PLUS a Sauna! Fireplace, central vac, water softener & loads of closets & storage space throughout. This home has everything you are looking for with the affordability to create your own personal decor! More detailsListed by RE/MAX FIRST
2124 PALISFIELD Place SW in Calgary: Palliser House for sale : MLS®# C4244247$728,888Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,683 sq. ft.249 m2This is the largest home offered for sale in this great neighbourhood in over 20 years. In this case bigger is better, as during their tenure, the owners have improved almost every inch of this lovely home. From the newer basement development to the 40 year shingle roof, from the designer kitchen to virtually every window and appliance. There is little to do but move in and enjoy your new home. With 4 bedrooms up and 1 down, 3 1/2 bathrooms, there is space and a place for everyone to kick back and relax. Located on a cute, quiet, cul de sac, on a generous pie lot, walking distance to Nellie McClung, St. Benedict & John Ware junior high. With parks, playgrounds, shopping and transportation in addition to the Southland Leisure Centre all within reach, Palliser is one of the best family neighbourhoods in the city. The garage has a unique feature, a heated, ventilated storage cabinet designed for hockey equipment. Come check out this one of a kind home. You'll be glad you did. Don't delay. Call today. More detailsListed by CENTURY 21 BRAVO REALTY