Palliser Southwest Calgary Homes
Palliser is a SW Calgary community host to a variety of well-established homes with larger than average lots sizes. Established in 1967, Palliser adopted its name from the famous Captain John Palliser who had an integral part in the early exploration and surveying of western Canada. Palliser included the area known as Pump Hill up until 1991, when they were segregated from each other into their own neighbourhoods.
Known for its typically older luxury houses, abundance of recreational spaces and prime Calgary location, Palliser has become a popular living destination in southwest Calgary. Homes in this community are considerably less than in the neighbouring luxury neighbourhoods of Pump Hill and Bayview.
Palliser Amenities and Services
One of the advantages of living in this well known Calgary community is the location. Only approximately six kilometers away from downtown Calgary, driving to and from the city centre takes about fifteen minutes. Driving to South Centre Mall or Chinook Mall takes even less time. Connectivity to main routes like Crowchild, Glenmore and Deerfoot take only minutes to reach that get you where you need to go around Calgary.
Two of its best attributes include being less than 500m south of the Glenmore Reservoir and having South Land Leisure Centre located on the SE corner of the community. Recreational opportunities provided by these two places alone are endless! With an extremely low crime rate and quiet ambiance, it’s no wonder why Palliser is one of Calgary’s desirable southwest communities.
Palliser students are designated to attend the same schools as its neighbouring community of Pump Hill. Chances are the kids will find friends in the area so attending the same school could be great! Both elementary and junior high are located in Palliser and Pump Hill, a fantastic convenience for parents. Elementary designation is to Nellie McClung (in Palliser), while junior high designation is to John Ware (in Pump Hill). High school students are to attend Henry Wise Wood which is somewhat close by, approximately 3.5 kilometers NE towards downtown Calgary.
Palliser is a great southwest Calgary location to live and is moderately close to downtown. We have put together some pertinent statistics concerning the area. (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 22.7%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 36.2%
- Ages 55 and up – 41.2%
- Average household income – $59,127 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 85.9%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 65.0%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 35.3%
Palliser Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – 90th Avenue SW
- Eastern Border – 19th Street SW
- Southern Border – Southland Drive SW
- Western Border – 24th Street SW
Questions about Southwest Calgary Homes?
I would love to answer them for you! Get a hold of me today at 403-370-4180 or message me below! This is my commitment to you.
Search all Palliser MLS® Real Estate Listings Now
9832 24 Street SW in Calgary: Palliser House for sale : MLS®# C4297842
9832 24 Street SW Palliser Calgary T2V 1S6$409,900Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,282 sq. ft.119 m2Sprawling family home in desirable Palliser. Surrounded by great schools, the Glenmore Reservoir, shopping, amenities galore and transit. Many expensive upgrades have been made including, Upgraded Electrical Panel, Furnace, Hot Water Tank, Attic Insulation, Shingles, Vinyl Windows, Fence, Eave Troughs, Painted Stucco Exterior & Main Floor Interior Paint. Newer Fridge, Washer & Dryer. Meticulously maintained with a great floor plan. 4 bedrooms above grade with a 5th in the basement. The Master bedroom is complete with an ensuite. The bright kitchen overlooks the fully landscaped back yard. The large living room has a fireplace and the lower level family room has a separate thermostat controlled natural gas heater for your comfort. Enclosed Double Car Port with Concrete Pad & Electricity. Large 613 m2 lot. Come have a look and be confident in your choice of this great home in a fabulous community! Showings Welcome. More detailsListed by RE/MAX FIRST
79 PALIS Way SW in Calgary: Palliser House for sale : MLS®# C4296502
79 PALIS Way SW Palliser Calgary T2V 3V5$659,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,684 sq. ft.156 m2Rarely can you sit on your porch in Calgary and not hear the buzz of traffic, this neighbourhood feels like an escape from the hustle and bustle even though it’s in the heart of the city. This updated 4 bedroom home is certain to impress and exceed many of your property search wish-list items.The home has been meticulously maintained and enhanced over the 14 years these owners have lived in it. Included in the upgrades are a fully developed basement, with an enviable theatre room which includes a Polk Audio system and KEF speakers, not to mention a generously sized laundry room. Newer windows, roof, blown in insulation, central air conditioning and a Sierra stone patio. As you explore the home you will be impressed by the practical, spacious & timeless design. Boasting TWO GARAGES - one attached & one to the rear of the home sized at 26' X 24’, with 14' high ceilings and two doors - 12' high and 10' high. Radiant heat, insulated, dry walled. Shop, studio, entertaining space - many practical applications! More detailsListed by RE/MAX FIRST
2112 PALLISER Drive SW in Calgary: Palliser House for sale : MLS®# C4292342
2112 PALLISER Drive SW Palliser Calgary T2V 3S1$639,900Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,104 sq. ft.103 m2Offered publicly for the 1st time, this home with BOTH A SINGLE ATTACHED AND A DOUBLE DETACHED GARAGE is fully renovated, move-in ready & perfect for the active Family. Multiple levels create private space for everyone while massive common rooms offer multiple entertaining options & maximum flexibility. Carefully designed to be as functional as it is beautiful, upgrades incl a full 3-piece Ensuite, heated bathroom floors, 5 burner gas range, apron front Kitchen sink, granite counters, On-Demand hot water, LED lighting with strategic WiFi dimmers, over-height + over-width garage door & heater in the double garage, irrigation system... the list goes on & on. Outside there's lots of grass area even with the inviting patio, firepit area, perennial beds & raised garden beds. Located walking distance to highly acclaimed schools, parks, playgrounds, Glenmore Park, restaurants, coffee shops, pubs & all kinds of shopping. You've just found the one you've been waiting for. Don't miss out! ZOOM VIEWINGS AVAILABLE More detailsListed by CIR REALTY