Palliser Southwest Calgary Homes
Palliser is a SW Calgary community host to a variety of well-established homes with larger than average lots sizes. Established in 1967, Palliser adopted its name from the famous Captain John Palliser who had an integral part in the early exploration and surveying of western Canada. Palliser included the area known as Pump Hill up until 1991, when they were segregated from each other into their own neighbourhoods.
Known for its typically older luxury houses, abundance of recreational spaces and prime Calgary location, Palliser has become a popular living destination in southwest Calgary. Homes in this community are considerably less than in the neighbouring luxury neighbourhoods of Pump Hill and Bayview.
Palliser Amenities and Services
One of the advantages of living in this well known Calgary community is the location. Only approximately six kilometers away from downtown Calgary, driving to and from the city centre takes about fifteen minutes. Driving to South Centre Mall or Chinook Mall takes even less time. Connectivity to main routes like Crowchild, Glenmore and Deerfoot take only minutes to reach that get you where you need to go around Calgary.
Two of its best attributes include being less than 500m south of the Glenmore Reservoir and having South Land Leisure Centre located on the SE corner of the community. Recreational opportunities provided by these two places alone are endless! With an extremely low crime rate and quiet ambiance, it’s no wonder why Palliser is one of Calgary’s desirable southwest communities.
Palliser students are designated to attend the same schools as its neighbouring community of Pump Hill. Chances are the kids will find friends in the area so attending the same school could be great! Both elementary and junior high are located in Palliser and Pump Hill, a fantastic convenience for parents. Elementary designation is to Nellie McClung (in Palliser), while junior high designation is to John Ware (in Pump Hill). High school students are to attend Henry Wise Wood which is somewhat close by, approximately 3.5 kilometers NE towards downtown Calgary.
Palliser is a great southwest Calgary location to live and is moderately close to downtown. We have put together some pertinent statistics concerning the area. (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 22.7%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 36.2%
- Ages 55 and up – 41.2%
- Average household income – $59,127 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 85.9%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 65.0%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 35.3%
Palliser Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – 90th Avenue SW
- Eastern Border – 19th Street SW
- Southern Border – Southland Drive SW
- Western Border – 24th Street SW
Questions about Southwest Calgary Homes?
I would love to answer them for you! Get a hold of me today at 403-370-4180 or message me below! This is my commitment to you.
Search all Palliser MLS® Real Estate Listings Now
9632 24 Street SW in Calgary: Palliser House for sale : MLS®# C4274601$509,900Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,349 sq. ft.125 m2Incredible value in this very well maintained 1,350 sqft bungalow with basement suite (illegal) sitting on a massive 797 square meter lot in beautiful Palliser. Long term owner and just steps away from The Glenmore Reservoir, shopping, parks, transit & schools. Many recent updates performed, including refinished red oak hardwood throughout the main, doors & trim, paint (3 years), refinished kitchen counters, tile kitchen backsplash, newly painted kitchen cabinets, stainless steel appliances, furnace (3 years), hot water tank (3 years) and roof shingles with new ¾” plywood (7 years). 3 great sized bedrooms on the main, including a big master with feature wall and new 3 piece ensuite (tile shower added) and a separate full 4 piece bathroom. Living/kitchen area has been opened up and provides plenty of natural light with wood burning fireplace (has removable electric insert) & portable kitchen island. More... Mortgage helper basement is suited (illegal) with 3 good sized bedrooms, large living room, kitchen w/stove and 3 piece bathroom. Shared laundry in common area and separate rear entrance make it perfect for privacy among residents. Front & back yards are very nicely landscaped with mature trees, perennials, pond, covered patio w/new roof and a 24x24 oversized double detached garage. This home truly has to be seen to be appreciated. Watch the video! More detailsListed by ENGEL & VOLKERS CALGARY
9435 PALISWOOD Way SW in Calgary: Palliser House for sale : MLS®# C4263862$824,900Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,604 sq. ft.149 m2FULLY RENOVATED! Wow, this home is amazing! NOTHING left to do here! Large bungalow in a prime location just steps away from schools and parks. Wide open floor plan, beautiful wide plank engineered hardwood flooring throughout the main floor, gorgeous kitchen with high end appliances, quartz countertops & 2 skylights. Living room & dining rooms are on either side of the kitchen making this a great floor plan for entertaining. The sunken dining room also has a beautiful stone wall with a fireplace & glass railing separating it from the kitchen. Large master has a walk in closet and a spa like 4 pc. ensuite, 2 additional bedrooms on the main as well. Lower level has a great rec room/bar area with a wine fridge and a gorgeous stone wall & a huge bedroom with it's own ensuite as well. Everything has been redone here! As well as the roof, eaves, A/C, electrical panel, windows, furnace. All this and a side drive/garage, beautiful yard, great location and high end finishings in a great family area! More detailsListed by RE/MAX HOUSE OF REAL ESTATE