Our City, Your Home
Calgary takes the #1 spot according to the Investment Property Databank for the second year in a row at 19 percent. The index considers over 60 international cities!
Other top cities include
- San Francisco – 18 percent
- Houston – 16 percent
- Perth – 13.7 percent
Calgary Investment Facts
- The Investment Property Databank Canada and the Real Property Association of Canada found that Calgary’s property investments had a return of 19.0 percent in 2012, which was well above the national average of 14.1 percent.
- In 2011, the Global Annual Property Index found Calgary to have a return of 21.6 percent on property investments.
- Strong investment activities are expected to continue in the City of Calgary throughout 2013, as the energy industry continues to propel the commercial real estate sector towards growth.
- Also in 2013, office buildings and multi-family developments are expected to be the types of properties sought after by investors; therefore developers will have their own part to play by adding this much needed space to the market.
- According to CBRE Canada, Calgary’s investment sales in 2012 reached $4.51 billion, just below the peak investment levels recorded in 2007 of $4.59 billion.
Why Invest in Calgary Real Estate?
There are several reasons why you should think of investing in Calgary real estate. Consider the facts; Calgary is home to the hottest real estate market for investment return on the globe, has a consistency strong economy and is Canada’s energy capital – the only reason why it has remained relatively strong even throughout recent economic downturn.
For a further in depth look at investments in Calgary, check out where the best Condo Investments in Canada are – in Calgary, of course!
More Real Estate Investment Articles
Questions about Calgary Real Estate?
…from an experienced Calgary REMAX Realtor today. Call me anytime at 403-370-4180 or message me below, I am 100% sure that we can make your investment goals come true!