Coral Springs Calgary Lake Homes
Coral Springs is the only Calgary lake community to be found in the northeast quadrant. Established in 1991, the area’s name and architecture follow a Californian style theme with a mix of bright stucco and panel exteriors.
In the centre of the neighbourhood is a large lake which is mainly used for boating, fishing and swimming. Around its edge are the premier Coral Springs Calgary lake homes; these properties are very desirable as they offer direct access to the lake and are some of the largest, most expensive in the community.
Then and again, there are many affordable homes in Coral Springs a short walk from the lake. This may be a more affordable alternative for those who want the full benefits of living close to a lake without paying a hefty price, quite similar to options found in the Calgary Lake Community of Auburn Bay.
Coral Springs has many price points to choose from which has led towards a highly diverse population.
Community Quick Facts
- Was annexed by Calgary in 1983
- Established in 1991
- Single-family homes
- Lots of interconnecting pathways and parks
- Public lake access points
- Active community association
Coral Springs might be located on the edge of the northeast, but that doesn`t mean its residents have to travel far when it comes to amenities and services. Here are some amenity resources found only minutes from Coral Springs Calgary Lake Homes.
McKnight Village Plaza / Castleridge Shopping Centre – only a 5 minute drive west on McKnight Boulevard, these two outdoor shopping centres combine for dozens, if not more than a hundred businesses including everything from fast food and restaurants to grocers and health services.
Sunridge Mall – For all your shopping needs head over to northeast Calgary’s best shopping mall. Here you will find top retailers and restaurants, as well as the Peter Loughheed Hospital and several professional office buildings.
Village Square Leisure Centre – located only a few minutes south from Coral Springs is the Village Square Leisure Centre. Here you will find a wave pool, swimming pool, indoor water park, gymnasiums, hockey rinks and more. It’s a favourite recreational centre for kids all over town!
Stoney Trail – Coral Springs residents have great access to the rest of Calgary via Stoney Trail. When completed, the ring road will completely encircle the city and provide easy access to other quadrants.
- Public Elementary – Chief Justice Milvain – 3428 – 42nd Street NE – 403-777-8430
- Public Junior High – Annie Gale – 577 Whiteridge Way NE – 403-777-7680
- Public Senior High – James Fowler – 4004 4th Street NW – 403-230-4743
- French Immersion Elementary – Mayland Heights – 2324 Maunsell Drive NE – 403-777-6290
- French Immersion Junior High – Bob Edwards – 4424 Marlborough Drive NE – 403-777-7770
- French Immersion Senior High – Lester B. Pearson – 3020 52nd Street NE – 403-280-6565
Is there one or two Coral Springs Calgary Lake Homes on your home buying radar? When buying in any area, its always relevant to know statistics. Here are some of the latest collected by Alberta Government Census.
- Ages 24 and under – 36.9% (2011)
- Ages 25 to 54 – 42.1% (2011)
- Ages 55 and over – 20.9% (2011)
- Average household income – $86,387 (2005)
- Population with a high school diploma or higher – 69.7% (2006)
- Residents who own their property – 96.6% (2006)
- Residents who rent their property – 3.4% (2006)
- Northern – 64th Avenue NE
- Eastern – Stoney Trail
- Southern – McKnight Boulevard
- Western – 68th Street NE
More Lake Communities
Questions about Calgary Real Estate?
…from an experienced Calgary REMAX Realtor today! Call me anytime at 403-370-4180 or message me below. I would love the opportunity to help you accomplish your real estate goals.