Garrison Green Calgary Inner City Community and Home Search
Garrison Green is a inner city community in southwest Calgary established in 1998; however, most of its homes weren’t constructed until several years later. Garrison Green is one community of three to replace the old military barracks decommissioned by the government in 1998.
Garrison Green is a well-located, family-oriented community with many green spaces, parks and pathways giving the community a spacious, suburban feel even though you are living inner city. Here are 3 Reasons to Buy a Home in Garrison Green Calgary.
It truly is a beautiful community with a variety of homes including small bungalows, small to large single family homes, European style townhomes and some subsistence properties.
Found throughout the community are several war monuments paying tribute to those who had lost their lives fighting for Canada. They are one of the many unique characteristics of this highly desirable community.
Search All Garrison Green Homes for Sale
26 Mike Ralph Way SW in Calgary: Garrison Green House for sale : MLS®# C4244292$249,900Attached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 788 sq. ft.73 m2Absolutely immaculate, tastefully decorated and in like new condition this below grade unit is situated on a quiet street in exclusive Garrison Green. Very open bright and sunny one bedroom plus den with almost 800 sq ft of luxurious living space. The good sized great room is open to the dining area and a very large kitchen with Maple cabinets, a huge island with breakfast bar and a walk-in pantry. Premium hardwood floors and 9 ft ceilings are featured throughout the main living areas. The king size master includes a walk-in closet with lots of custom shelving. The main bath features a soaker tub with shower. Very comfortable living space with in-floor heating and a private concrete patio with a south exposure. One parking stall with plug-in is included and there is lots of visitor parking on the street. This is a small well maintained complex with low condo fees, situated close to shopping, transit and Mount Royal University. An easy commute to the city centre. An easy commute to the city centre. More detailsListed by RE/MAX LANDAN REAL ESTATE
245 Mike Ralph Way SW in Calgary: Garrison Green House for sale : MLS®# C4238204$675,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,779 sq. ft.165 m2NEW PRICE! This is a great opportunity to get into the family friendly neighbourhood of Garrison Green with this detached two storey home on a quiet street. Featuring over 1700 square feet of living space this welcomes you in with its full width front porch and attractive landscaping. Inside there are hardwood floors throughout the main level which features a large den off of the entrance as well as the spacious living room with fire place, dining area and the kitchen. The kitchen features alder cabinetry, top of the line stainless steel appliances including the Viking gas stove, a granite island with plenty of counter space and a large corner pantry. Upstairs there are three bedrooms as well as the laundry room. The master suite is very well sized with a walk in closet and ensuite with dual sinks, soaker tub and a separate shower. The back yard is fairly low maintenance with a huge deck and your own double detached garage. In this location, this home won't last so call today to book your private showing. More detailsListed by CIR REALTY
Garrison Green Amenities and Services
Garrison Green has a small strip mall located at its entrance for basic amenity needs plus a variety of other small strip malls in close proximity. Some include a fire station, Mount Royal University, the Farmers Market, easy-to-access Calgary Transit routes, professional buildings and several amongst others.
The neighbouring community of Currie Barracks has a vast expanse of commercial and retail space under development that will provide numerous services as well upon completion. Marda Loop business district is just across Crowchild that has over a hundred businesses available!
Recreation is provided by multiple green spaces and parks in the community itself. A short walk south is the Glenmore Park that surrounds the reservoir. Walking a little bit further south and west is the Weaselhead Natural Area for added recreational opportunity, great for a serene walk or cardio workout.
Garrison Green Schools
- Public elementary designation is to Jennie Elliot Elementary
- Public junior high school students are designated to attend A.E. Cross Junior High.
- Senior high school students will attend Central Memorial High School
Garrison Green Demographics
Garrison Green is a fantastic inner city infill community with great people and beautiful, Toronto-style community design. If you are interested in the area, check out some of these important demographics that are always a good thing to know, whether you are a buyer or seller! (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 27.8%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 63.3%
- Ages 55 and up – 8.8%
- Average household income – $48,078 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 89.7%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 10.3%
Public transportation is provided for residents either from Mount Royal Gate SW and Crowchild Trail.
North bound Crowchild Trail routes are accessible via an overpass and south bound routes are on the communities eastern border.
Mount Royal Gate SW has different routes servicing that road too that loop into the University and outwards into the SW, eventually returning to LRT terminals such as Chinook or Heritage.
Some routes Lakeview, Circle Routes, Chinook Station, South Calgary, Mount Royal, Mount Royal University, Sarcee Road, Richmond Road, Aspen Woods, Glenbrook, Elbow Drive and Sandstone.
Getting to and from places without a motor vehicle is easy with the bus stops on Crowchild Trail that have frequent stop times.
Garrison Woods Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – Mount Royal Gate SW from Richard Road SW to Crowchild Trail SW
- Eastern Border – Crowchild Trail SW from Mount Royal Gate SW to Glenmore Trail SW
- Southern Border – Glenmore Trail SW from Crowchild Trail SW to Richard Road SW
- Western Border – Richard Road SW from Glenmore Trail SW to Mount Royal Gate SW
Garrison Green is an amazing, fairly new, family orientated inner city community with a quiet atmosphere that is comparable to a suburban neighbourhood. Considering on buying in Garrison Green? Our Calgary Home Buyers Guide will definitely lead you in the right direction.
Questions about Garrison Green Calgary Homes?