Quarry Park’s New YMCA to Add Even More Desirability to an Already Sought After Community
Have you heard of the new recreational centre being built in Quarry Park? Lo and behold, the desirability of this southeast Calgary community just got a huge boost considering the state-of-the-art facility is now under construction!
But then and again, Quarry Park was never in need of a brand new recreational centre to help its current residents and potential buyers realize their dreams of living in the area. It is already one of the most sought after new community developments in the southeast boasting a riverside location, central town-like market, and upscale properties of all sorts. Learn more at our Quarry Park Community Review today.
And now, a new 100,000 square foot recreational centre to be operated by the YMCA will add another dimension of desirability for Quarry Park’s already complete list of check-marks, as well as for those nearby neighbourhoods who will also benefit immensely.
More direct beneficiaries include those workers at the new headquarters of Canadian Pacific Railway, Imperial Oil, Lafarge, and central market who choose to take advantage of what the facility has to offer.
After all, it will only be a stone throw away from the front doors of their work place – Live, Work, and Play in Quarry Park anybody? I think so!!
Quarry Park Recreation Facility Quick Facts
- Address – 108 Quarry Park Road SE
- 100,000 square foot facility
- Fitness centre with strength and cardio training equipment, aerobic studios and running track
- Gymnasium with 1 court, multi-purpose floors
- Aquatic centre with six 25 metre lanes, a small leisure pool and steam room / hot tubs
- 7,500 square foot new Calgary Public Library to replace the Glenmore Square Library
- Multi-purpose rooms for business, art, cultural, and learning activities
- Daycare and cafeteria services
- Currently under construction
- Estimated completion in 2015
The new Quarry Park YMCA is only one of four new recreational facilities proposed by the City of Calgary. Others include:
Rocky Ridge Recreational Facility – 11300 Rocky Ridge Road NW – estimated completion 2016
Seton Recreation Facility – 18150 56th Street SE – estimated completion in 2017
Great Plains Recreation Facility – 5749 76th Avenue SE – estimated completion in 2015
Want to know more? Check out these Best Indoor Recreational Facilities in Calgary today!
Want to Live in Quarry Park?
Have questions about Quarry Park real estate? Get the best advice from a neighbourhood expert today! Call me anytime or message me below, and let’s get you started towards your real estate goals. I am looking forward to your call!