SW Calgary Homes for Sale
Begin your search of homes for sale in SW Calgary below! The southwest quadrant is home to a diverse array of neighbourhoods, many upscale with a tight-knit feel where families tend to stay for the long-term. It is the only quadrant currently with two C-Train Lines and also provides residents with quick-and-easy access to the mountains.
To learn more about SW homes for sale in Calgary or to schedule a private showing of a listing below, contact our team of experienced Realtors® with RE/MAX House of Real Estate by calling Cody & Jordan at 403-370-4008 anytime!
90 Springborough Green SW in Calgary: Springbank Hill Residential Land for sale : MLS®# A1229697
90 Springborough Green SW Springbank Hill Calgary T3H 5M5$675,000Land
- MLS® Num:
- A1229697Proud to present this very special ridge lot in Springborough! Tremendous opportunity here for a discerning buyer looking to realize their dream home. Last empty lot available in the subdivision, believed to be the largest in Springborough at nearly 1/3 of an acre (almost 14,000 sq ft). Work with the custom builder of your choice to bring your ideas to life! This is a very large, pie shaped lot with walkout-basement potential, commanding a presence on the escarpment. Provides stunning views to the south and west. Walking distance to numerous schools, transit and West Side Rec Centre. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy empty land in a highly sought-after estate area. More detailsListed by CENTURY 21 BAMBER REALTY LTD.
7103 7 Street SW in Calgary: Kingsland Residential Land for sale : MLS®# A1219285
7103 7 Street SW Kingsland Calgary T2V 1G1$675,000Land
- MLS® Num:
- A1219285**Back on Market due to financing** 6500 sqft Corner Lot - M-CG ZONED | DP APPROVED | Walking distance to Chinook Mall | Save Money on DEMOLITION | Attention Builders, Developers, and Investors. New Multi-Unit build opportunity in the SW, 65 x 100 (6500 SQFT), M-CG Zone lot. This lot comes with Drawings and an approved Development Permit with your choice of 2-storey or 3-storey Row Homes. 14 min drive to Downtown - 7 min drive or a 17 min walk to Chinook Mall - 7 min walk or a 23 min drive to Rockview General Hospital - 10 min drive to Farmers Market - 8 min Drive to Costco. Call for further details More detailsListed by CIR REALTY
Why Choose SW Calgary Real Estate?
- Beautiful foothills make for some spectacular views and landscapes
- Downtown is in the southwest quadrant, putting some areas in the south and west districts relatively close vs other parts of the city
- Home to Mount Royal University, Calgary's second largest post-secondary institution
- Serviced by the South and West C-Train lines, providing ample public transportation
- Home to Westside Recreation Centre, Southland Leisure Centre, Cardel Rec South, Repsol Sport Centre + more
- Convenient access to Spruce Meadows, Bragg Creek and the Rocky Mountains west of Calgary
- Shopping at Chinook Centre, Southcentre Mall, Westbrook Mall, Aspen Landing, Shawnessy Village + more
Southwest Calgary Communities
If you're an avid Rocky Mountain visitor, you'll surely be interested in SW homes for sale in Calgary. Getting to and from the foothills and Rockies to the west is quick to do and you'll avoid major traffic when leaving the city.
Many southwest communities enjoy beautiful landscapes with valleys and hills amid aspen groves and fresh bodies of water. Panoramic views of the mountains to the west or perhaps the downtown skyline to the east isn't unusual for many SW Calgary homes for sale.
Downtown communities - located in the southwest quadrant - enjoy a convenient lifestyle close to where all the action happens in Calgary. Redevelopment in areas like East Village, Victoria Park and now plans for West Village are revitalizing the City Centre and infusing it with Western Canadian culture while creating new event and festival hubs in the process.
Highly sought-after inner city neighbourhoods like Altadore and Killarney offer the opportunity for an inner city lifestyle in a new infill development. Meanwhile, new suburban communities like Shawnee Slopes, Discovery Ridge, Walden and Aspen are all excellent places for families to grow and create lasting memories with one another.
Southwest Calgary Parks & Amenities
Southwest residents have ample access to some of Calgary's best private schools. Webber Academy, Calgary Academy, Rundle Academy and the Edge School for Athletes are just a few of the more prominent private schools and are a huge appeal to many buyers when browsing homes for sale in SW Calgary.
Chinook Mall, Calgary's largest indoor shopping centre, is found a few minutes south of downtown on the corner of Glenmore and Macleod Trails. Southcentre Mall is a bit further south and is also an excellent mall with hundreds of restaurants, shops and services.
Repsol Sport Centre is located just south of the Beltline in Lindsay Park and on the Elbow River. It's the largest indoor recreation centre in the city, but Cardel Rec South and Westside Recreation Centre aren't far behind in terms of facilities, programs and community involvement.
The Glenmore Reservoir, Weaslehead Flats and Fish Creek Provincial Park are the three largest outdoor recreational parks used by thousands of Calgarians on a daily basis. Fish Creek is also home to Sikome Lake, a man-made lake open for summer.
SW Calgary Real Estate Agents
Browsing SW homes for sale in Calgary? Thinking about selling your current northwest property? Our Realtors® have the knowledge, tools and expertise to help guide you towards a successful transaction!
We are looking forward to helping you accomplish your real estate goals!
Return to Best Calgary Homes