Wentworth Calgary Luxury Homes
- August 23, 2012
- By Cody Battershill
Wentworth is an estate style neighbourhood found within the southwest community of West Springs. This community is made up of five areas including Wentworth, Wentworth Estates, The Willows of Wentworth, Wexford Estates and Wentworth Glen. Three of these areas are host to a number of different luxury estate homes.
- Wentworth Estates – New area where you will find luxury estate homes on larger than average lots
- The Willows of Wentworth – A unique luxury estate homes area built on considerable lot sizes.
- Wexford Estates – An extension of Wentworth Estates featuring new luxury estate homes with ravine and mountain views plus unique architectural controls to make sure no two luxury homes are the same
Those who live in this neighbourhood enjoy short driving times to the downtown Calgary core, while being on the edge of the southwest quadrant allowing for a quick commute westward to the Rocky Mountains and beyond. Living a healthy and active lifestyle has never been easier at when living in this community, especially with such an abundance of recreational tools located nearby.
Living a luxurious life style means having conveniently located amenities and services. Residents can find almost everything they need at one of these three nearby shopping centres including West Springs Village, Aspen Landing and Strathcona Square. Find everything from upscale dining to department stores!
As far as recreation goes, the community’s location gives residents ample access to a long list of outdoor parks and pathways stretching westward into Springbank. Canada Olympic Park is north of the community and is within walking distance, while West Side Rec. Centre is a few minutes southbound. Most of the communities found in the area also have extensive ravine park and pathway systems for added fun!
- Elementary – West Springs Elementary is the designated school
- Junior High – Vincent Massey is the designated school and is found off of 45th Street SW
- Senior High – Ernest Manning is the designated school and is found off of 69th Street SW
- Private School - St. Joan of Arc – Calgary Catholic School in West Springs for kindergarten to grade nine. Hockey Canada Skills Academy also operates out of St. Joan of Arc for grade seven to nine. For those looking put their kids into a junior high program that maximizes their hockey skill development while receiving only the best education, Hockey Canada Skills Academy is the definitely the right way to go.
Thinking of buying a Calgary luxury home in Wentworth? Here are some important statistics for its containing community of West Springs. (City of Calgary Census 2005 and 2009)
- Below the age of 24 – 38.2%
- Between the ages of 22 and 54 – 52.2%
- Above the age of 55 – 9.6%
- Average income per household - $106,411
- Population percentage with at least a high school diploma – 89.9%
- Owned properties – 97.0%
- Rented properties – 3.3%
Thinking of buying a Calgary luxury home in Wentworth?
Learn about Wentworth's mother community at New Calgary Homes in West Springs
Search All Wentworth and West Springs Listings Below
[mrp account_id=21736 listing_def=search-405208 context=recip init_attr=ipp~5,sort~price_asc,lvs~gallery perm_attr=_theme~default]