Brookfield Place Will Out Do the Bow by Nearly 36 Feet!
Western Canada’s soon-to-be tallest building is beginning to take its “towering” shape in the heart of Calgary’s downtown business core.
At 247 metres, Brookfield Place will be taller than the fairly new Bow Tower, the current record holder, by approximately 11 metres, or just over 36 feet!
- Developed by Brookfield
- Architecture by Dialog, Arney Fender, Katsalidis
- Two tower development between 1st and 2nd St’s and 6th and 7th Ave`s SW
- East tower – 56 floors, 247 metres (or 810 feet), 1.4 million square feet
- West tower – 40 floors, 178 metres (or 584 feet), 1.0 million square feet
- 2.4 million square feet of office space between the two buildings
- 18 metre (or 60 feet), 50,000 square foot glass pavilion linking the towers
- 1,100 underground parking stalls
- Ground level restaurants, shops and services
- +15 Skywalk connectivity
- Approximately $1.3 billion CAD to build
- To meet LEED Gold Core and Shell certification
- Estimated completion in 2017
More Cool Facts
- Construction began on October 30th, 2013
- EllisDon as main construction contractor
- Cenovus to centralize its work force in one spot, to lease 1 million square feet
- Will create more than 1,300 jobs + 7.5 million work hours
- Over 160,000 cubic metres of material removed from construction site
- Conical corners with increasing radius as you move up the building
- Curved glass on corners
- Will have electric car plug-in recharge stations
- A unique bicycle parking facility accessible by designated ramps
Brookfield Place is just one of a handful of skyscraper projects recently completed or currently underway in downtown Calgary.
Looking for more cool facts, infographics and everything else to do with Calgary, Alberta? If so, be sure to give us a like at our page Calgaryism on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and you’ll stay updated via your live social media feed – it’s that easy. We hope to see you there!