New School Under Construction in Mahogany
- May 1, 2016
- By Cody Battershill
New Catholic School Coming Soon to Mahogany, SE Calgary
Young families in Calgary now have yet another reason to buy real estate in the southeast community of Mahogany with construction commencing on a new Catholic school for 750 students across kindergarten to grade six.
Located at 22 Marine Drive SE, the facility is expected to be completed in 2018, also giving potential buyers some time to make a decision on if the highly desirable lake community is right for them. Also see these 3 Reasons to Buy a Home in a Calgary Lake Community.
Current Designated Schools
As of May 1st, 2016, Mahogany’s designated schools include:
Public School Board – Regular Program
- Riverbend Elementary School – (K-6) – 65 Rivervalley Drive SE
- Sherwood Junior High School – (7-9) – 2011 66th Avenue SE
- Henry Wisewood Senior High School– (10-12) – 910 75th Avenue SW
Public School Board – French Immersion Program
- Sundance Elementary School – (K-4) – 200 Sunmills Drive SE
- Fairview Junior High School – (5-9) – 7840 Fairmont Drive SE
- Dr. E.P. Scarlett Senior High School – (10-12) – 220 Canterbury Drive SW
Separate School Board – Regular Program
- Monsignor J S Smith (Elementary / Junior High) – (K-9) – 2919 Douglasdale Blvd SE
- Bishop Grandin Senior High School - (10-12) – 111 Haddon Road SW
Separate School Board – French Immersion Program
- St. Cecilia Elementary School – (K-6) – 610 Agate Crescent SE
- St. Matthews Junior High School – (7-9) – 416 – 83rd Avenue SE
- Bishop Grandin Senior High School – (10-12) – 111 Haddon Road SW
Public School Board – Spanish Bilingual Program
- Canyon Meadows Elementary School – (K-4) – 365 Canterbury Drive SW
*Sourced from www.mahoganyliving.com
Apart from nearby schools and amenities, Mahogany has a splendid list of in-community features including:
- Lake & private beach club
- Green spaces
- Interconnecting pathways
Lake activities are on year round and are included with membership fees. Some include:
- Volley ball
- Paddle boating & canoeing
- Lake / ice fishing
- Ice skating
Let’s not forget about the huge list of different types of real estate found throughout the neighbourhood ranging from small condos to luxury estate homes, as well as the fact that it has won the SAM Awards Community of the Year (Calgary region) three times!
Going hand-in-hand with this diversity of real estate are homes built by some of Calgary’s best residential builders including Jayman, Jayman Modus, Homes by Avi, Calbridge Homes, Morrison Homes, Stepper Homes, Hopewell and Excel Homes.
With the new Catholic school on the way, is it time for you and your family to make a move to the critically acclaimed, SE Calgary community of Mahogany?
Home Buyer Guides
Questions about Mahogany Real Estate?
As a top-producing REMAX agent with much experience in Mahogany, I would love to help you accomplish your real estate plans while providing you with only the best level of service and advice the industry has to offer.
Call me anytime at 403-370-4180 or message me below. I am looking forward to your call!
[gravityform id="35" title="false" description="false"]