Lakeside Living in Calgary Lake Communities
While walk-outs almost always come with a higher price tag, there still remains a wide range of opportunities for buyers looking to call one of these exclusive Calgary lake communities their home. Search all Calgary Lake Homes for Sale now!
Benefits of Lake-Living
The benefits are considerable. Not only do residents have exclusive access to the central lake, but the privilege and pleasure of living near a body of water in an otherwise “dry” city.
Living near a lake is the ultimate reprieve from a long day in the city, where you can come home, grab the lawn chairs and head down to the beach to kick back and relax in the sun. For hockey fans, the frozen water becomes the ultimate rink where many kids and parents get together for some old fashioned winter fun.
Below you will find almost all of the Calgary lake communities that exist today. This list is a work in progress and I still have some areas to add, so please come back and check for more another time.
By clicking on the links provided, you can find out about each areas location, schools, demographics, and search all home listings for that area. Please call me anytime or message me below if you have any questions!
Arbour Lake is a northwest Calgary lake community located approximately 20 minutes from downtown. This area…
- Was established in 1992
- Has easy access to Crowfoot, Beacon Hill and several other northwest amenity resources
- Was named the 2nd best community in 2012 by Calgary’s Avenue Magazine
Find out more about this very popular northwest neighbourhood today and search all listings at Arbour Lake – Calgary Lake Communities.
Auburn Bay is a southeast Calgary lake community located approximately 25 minutes from downtown. The neighbourhood…
- Was recently established with several different new homes varying in price, style and design
- Is located only minutes from a large future retail and commercial development that will include a new recreational centre and movie theatre
- Is award winning with a well thought out master plan that makes lake access easy for all residents
For more information on this very desirable neighbourhood, please visit Auburn Bay – Calgary Lake Communities today!
Bonavista is a southeast Calgary lake community found approximately 20 minutes from the downtown core. Bonavista…
- Is a well-established community founded in 1967
- Has immediate access to Fish Creek Provincial Park
- Was named the 6th best neighbourhood in 2012 by Calgary’s Avenue Magazine
Learn more about schools, location and search all listings at Bonavista – Calgary Lake Communities today!
Chaparral is a southeast Calgary lake community, located approximately 20 minutes from downtown. Chaparral…
- Was established in 1995
- Has homes built anywhere from 1995 to 2007 (newer homes further from lake)
- Located minutes from over 100 businesses at Shawnessey Towne Centre
Learn more about this very popular southeast neighbourhood at Chaparral Calgary Lake Homes today!
Coral Springs is the one and only northeast lake community in Calgary, approximately 20 minutes from downtown. It is also…
- The most affluent in the quadrant, with the highest average income per household in the northeast
- Host to a Californian style theme with residences built in the 1990’s
- Minutes to the Stoney Trail ring road and several amenity resources, including Cross Iron Mills
Find even more information on listings, demographics and more at Coral Springs Calgary Lake Homes today!
Heritage Point is a rural Calgary lake community found only a few minutes from the southeast city limits between Deerfoot and Macleod Trail. Heritage Point…
- Is an upscale neighbourhood with opportunities to build new
- Is home to Heritage Pointe Golf & Country Club
- Has easy access to over 100 businesses at Shawnessy Town Centre, about 5 minutes north on Macleod Trail
Find out more about the spectacular views and homes for sale at Heritage Point Calgary Lake Homes today!
Mahogany is a southeast Calgary lake community found approximately 25 to 30 minutes from the downtown area. Mahogany…
- Is a recently established neighbourhood with many different home builders, styles and price points to choose from
- Named the best new Calgary community of the year in 2012 by the Calgary Home Builders Association (CHBA)
- 21 acres of exclusive beach front for residents and permitted guests only
Want to know more about Mahogany? Learn about the developer, location and get the best advice at Mahogany – Calgary Lake Communities today!
Midnapore is a southeast lake community in Calgary found approximately 20 minutes from the downtown core. Midnapore…
- Is another well-established area, founded in 1977
- Has immediate access to Canada’s largest urban park – Fish Creek Provincial Park
- Has single family, condo and townhome properties and ranging price points
Learn more about this family oriented southeast community today at Midnapore Calgary Lakes Homes!
Sundance is another desirable southeast Calgary lake community found approximately 20 minutes from downtown. Sundance…
- Was established in 1982
- Shares a large community centre with its neighbourhing community of Midnapore, which hosts many activities and events
- Borders Canada’s largest urban park – Fish Creek Provincial Park
Find out more about Sundance and search all home listings at Lake Sundance Calgary Lake Communities today.
Questions about Calgary Lake Communities?
…from an experienced Calgary REMAX Realtor today! If I can help you accomplish your real estate goals in an expert, service focused manner send me a text, fill out this quick message form or call anytime!