Calgary Zoo Lights 2014: Old Tradition, New Features…
The Calgary Zoolights are back and are going to be better than ever!
As a long-standing family tradition here in our city, the zoo lights have inspired the imaginations of young ones and adults alike for many, many years.
Magnificent displays of millions – yes – I said millions of light bulbs depicting cute and lovable zoo animals, our favourite Christmas characters like Santa Claus, Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and other friendly holiday settings will soon be on display down at the Calgary Zoo!
Without further ado, here’s what you need to know for the Calgary Zoo Lights 2014:
- When – November 21st to January 3rd, 2014
- Time – From 6:00pm to 9:00pm nightly, except Dec 25th and 31st
- Where – Calgary Zoo, 1300 Zoo Road NE
- Cost – General admission – $14.00
- Children (3-15) – $11.00
- Infant (2 & under) – Free
- Parking – $5.00 after 4:30pm
- Contact – 403-232-9300
- Tickets are not date specific, can be used anytime (except zoo year’s eve)
What’s New at the Zoo
Have you been to the Calgary Zoolights before? If so, you may want to go and check out this year’s cool new features, including:
- A 3600 square foot ice-skating rink presented by Mahogany
- New way to interact with St. Nick at Santa’s Oasis in the ENMAX Conservatory
- Massive 16-foot tall tree that sings choir songs and activates light shows
Apart from the new features, visitors will get to experience the magical displays all made up of more than 1.5 million colored light bulbs, plus the traditional outdoor fire pits to warm up, indoor cafeteria for snacks and more.
The Zoolights have, and always will be one of the best Calgary Christmas events there is. We are looking forward to it, are you?
Looking for more fun things to do in and around the city this winter? Check out our Best Calgary Winter Activities today!
For more of the best local activities and events, check out our webpage at Calgaryism on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – you’ll be updated via social media feed with all our posts! We hope to see you there!