Ramsay Calgary Community Review and Home Search
Ramsay is a great area for families looking for starter homes in a South Calgary Inner City Community, where homes typically cost less in comparison to other inner city areas such as Hillhurst for example.
Today, the community is experiencing a revival through new infill home developments that are changing the face of Ramsay Calgary slowly but surely. Ramsay homes have great value considering their location and with the lower price points typically seen in the area they are a popular buy on today’s inner city market.
Besides great value, Ramsay Calgary has a remarkable location, adjacent to the Calgary Stampede Grounds and Elbow River and is just a short walk away from the downtown business core.
Varying elevations gives some of its homes breathtaking views of downtown and surrounding areas in Calgary while residents have immediate access to the network of parks and pathways found along the Bow and Elbow Rivers.
Ramsay Calgary Schools
- Public Elementary – Ramsay – 2223 Spiller Road SE – 403-777-6790
- Public Junior High – Rideau Park – 829 Rideau Road SW – 403-777-7480
- Public / French Immersion Senior High – Western Canada – 641 17th Avenue SW – 403-228-5363
- French Immersion Elementary (K to G4) – William Reid – 1216 36th Avenue SW – 403-777-6940
- French Immersion Elem / Junior High – Elboya – 4804 6th Street SW – 403-777-7760
Amenities and Services
Inglewood – one of Calgary’s cultural hotspots, loaded with amenities and services including…
- Pure Hair
- Inglewood Wine Market
- Spolumbo’s Deli
- Without Papers Pizza
- Calgary Zoo
- And countless others boutique shops, restaurants, pubs and more!
Victoria Park – well within walking distance is the Calgary beltline community of Victoria Park, where you will find…
- Scotiabank Saddledome
- LRT Stations
- Calgary Stampede Grounds
- Sunterra Market
- Elbow River Casino
- Talisman Centre
- And so many other amenities and services, all very close to Ramsay Calgary!
Downtown Calgary – home to thousands of businesses ready to serve, including some of the best that Calgary has to offer in terms of restaurants, entertainment, nightlife, shopping and activities.
East Village – soon enough the newly redeveloped downtown community of East Village Calgary and all of its projects will be complete! Walk to the National Music Centre, hit up the revitalized St. Patrick’s Island, or enjoy the extended RiverWalk… this and more will be possible within a few years when living in Ramsay Calgary!
Thanks to the City of Calgary Civic Census and Statistics Canada, here are some relevant demographics you might find interesting for the Ramsay Calgary Community.
- Ages 24 and below – 20.3% (2011)
- Ages 25 to 54 – 61.0% (2011)
- Ages 55 and up – 18.5% (2011)
- Average household income – $50,018 (2005)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 84.7% (2006)
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 57.6% (2006)
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 42.9% (2006)
Ramsay Community Borders
- Northern Border – Canadian Pacific Railway Mainline
- Eastern Border – Canadian Pacific Railway Tracks
- Southern Border – 26th Avenue SE and CNR Railroad
- Western Border – Elbow River
More on Inner City Homes
Questions about Ramsay Calgary Homes?
…from an experienced inner city realtor in Calgary today! Call me direct at 403-370-4180 or message me below, anytime! I am 100% committed to helping you find the best home for the best value!
Search Ramsay Calgary Homes for Sale MLS Listings
1034 BELLEVUE Avenue SE in Calgary: Ramsay House for sale : MLS®# C4248674$1,989,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,638 sq. ft.245 m2LUXURY LIVING - MINUTES TO DOWNTOWN! This custom home offers SPECTACULAR VIEWS. Enter to warm WALNUT FLOORS & spacious dining room. The CHEFS KITCHEN features high-end appliances, loads of storage, great island, balcony/gas hook-up. A GLASS CURTAIN WALL & SOLID WALNUT staircase leads to the 2nd floor with 2 bdrms c/w ensuites/balconies, flex room & laundry room. The upper floors feature new high-end carpet. Continue to the 3rd floor OWNERS SUITE featuring 2 balconies & sitting room with a BREATHTAKING VIEW you’ll never tire of. The master bdrm has a HUGE WALK-IN CLOSET, 5pc ensuite w STEAM SHOWER, SOAKER TUB, his & hers sinks, lighted mirror, so much more! The finished basement is a home theatre/media room, heated floor & wet bar. The double under-drive garage/driveway are heated. Enjoy smart-home Control 4 system, A/C, alarm, vacu-flo & hydronic heat. Located across from a city park the view is here to stay, and with a no maintenance landscape you are free to enjoy urban living. Over 3100SF living area. More detailsListed by SUTTON GROUP CANWEST
1802 11 Street SE in Calgary: Ramsay Land for sale : MLS®# C4248530$7,995,000Land
- MLS® Num:
- C4248530DEVELOPMENT APPROVED. Fantastic inner city Development property located in the heart of the trendy Inglewood/Ramsay district. Just a few blocks south of the 9th Avenue business corridor and a few blocks north of the Crossroads Market. The proposed South LRT station will be literally steps away from the front door of this property. Development approval is in place for a 144 unit apartment building and 10 commercial/retail bays (aprox.1800 sq,ft, each) along with underground and surface parking for 177 cars. A rare opportunity for a first class inner city development. Very well priced at just $133.86 per sq.ft. ($51.32/ buildable sq.ft.) More detailsListed by D.C. & ASSOCIATES REALTY
1222 SALISBURY Avenue SE in Calgary: Ramsay House for sale : MLS®# C4254667$1,400,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,286 sq. ft.212 m2Over 70 ft frontage, corner pie lot on the ridge with unobstructed, breathtaking views of downtown, stampede grounds and the mountains. Built your new home or potentially sxs duplex. This property is mostly land value but there are currently front to back attached homes with long term tenants and need 90 days for possession. Great opportunity to built a dream home!!! More detailsListed by RE/MAX REAL ESTATE (CENTRAL)
1016 & 1018 & 1020 8 Street SE in Calgary: Ramsay Land for sale : MLS®# C4258874$2,300,000Land
- MLS® Num:
- C4258874RAMSAY LAND ASSEMBLY - ASSEMBLY: 1) 115 linear feet by 150 linear feet with a TOTAL SITE AREA OF 17,288 square feet. A GREAT LOCATION 1) 75 meters to the Elbow River Pathway (CMLC/City ARE spending TENS of MILLIONS upgrading within 100 meters of this location) including the pathway system and connectivity to the River Confluence. 2) 165 meters to the Dean House and the Bow River Pathway System 3) 250 meters to the Heart of Inglewood including the cafes (Gravity, Starbucks), restaurants (Scarpetta. Gorilla Whale) art (Esker Foundation, The Collector's) and shops (Plant, Kent of Inglewood) 4) 185 meters to Red's Diner and the New Entertainment District. SOLID CURRENT PROPERTIES AND REVENUE: 1) the package includes three well-maintained homes all EASILY RENTED and ALL WITH GARAGES and sunny yards. UPSIDE AND CONTROL NOW: Buy now and take control of the upcoming LAND USE changes that are coming hand in hand with government investment. BUILD 28-34 UNIT BUILDING or an INNOVATIVE TOWNHOUSE or CO-OP DEVELOPMENT. More detailsListed by CIR REALTY
616 BURNS Avenue SE in Calgary: Ramsay House for sale : MLS®# C4271791$950,000Attached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,923 sq. ft.179 m2INNER CITY. RAMSAY. FACING GREEN SPACE ON SCOTSMAN'S HILL. NEW. COUNTLESS HIGH-END FINISHES. BUILT BY PROFESSIONAL CUSTOM HOMES. 1 UNIT LEFT! Currently under construction. Choose your own finishes! Nestled in a verdant, PARK-LIKE and private setting in RAMSAY, this BRAND NEW infill encompasses inner city living at its finest. The incomparable design, construction & execution of this home by PROFESSIONAL CUSTOM HOMES combined with the rare Ramsay setting facing GREEN SPACE, makes this one of the most sought after offerings. This home features over 2700sqft of living space w/4 bedrooms & 4 bathrooms. This main floor is the definition of an entertainer’s dream! Open sunny floor plan, neutral colours, designer lighting, high ceilings, built-ins & a STUNNING KITCHEN w/a WATERFALL ISLAND, S/S Appliances & gas cooktop. The spectacular open living room overlooks the sophisticated backyard through sliding french doors & extensive windows. The main floors also WOWs with a bright & inviting dining room plus a.. glamorous powder room. As you retreat upstairs you will find a DREAM master escape, 2 additional bedrooms, SPACIOUS UPPER FLOOR LAUNDRY & 3 Piece bathroom. The master retreat’s STYLISH ENSUITE with double sinks, quartz countertops, stand-alone tub, large glass shower & a lavish walk-in closet. The lower level gives you all the space you need with an elaborate recreation room plus the fourth bedroom & 3 piece bath. Call today to learn more about living in a brand new home in highly sought after Ramsay! More detailsListed by RE/MAX HOUSE OF REAL ESTATE
2019 SPILLER Road SE in Calgary: Ramsay House for sale : MLS®# C4278796$399,200Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 792 sq. ft.74 m2Sale Price Reduced for quick sale, This home is selling folks.. Nicely updated Ramsey home, well cared for and move in ready! 2 spacious main floor bedrooms, Large open concept kitchen and living room coziest home you'll find. Large lot 37x120" great future for redevelopment. Back yard feels like your camping in the city Oasis. Stay home and watch the fireworks while sitting next to the campfire. Future development an added bonus here, call now for your showing! More detailsListed by ROYAL LEPAGE SOLUTIONS