Ramsay Calgary Community Review and Home Search
Ramsay is a great area for families looking for starter homes in a South Calgary Inner City Community, where homes typically cost less in comparison to other inner city areas such as Hillhurst for example.
Today, the community is experiencing a revival through new infill home developments that are changing the face of Ramsay Calgary slowly but surely. Ramsay homes have great value considering their location and with the lower price points typically seen in the area they are a popular buy on today’s inner city market.
Besides great value, Ramsay Calgary has a remarkable location, adjacent to the Calgary Stampede Grounds and Elbow River and is just a short walk away from the downtown business core.
Varying elevations gives some of its homes breathtaking views of downtown and surrounding areas in Calgary while residents have immediate access to the network of parks and pathways found along the Bow and Elbow Rivers.
Ramsay Calgary Schools
- Public Elementary – Ramsay – 2223 Spiller Road SE – 403-777-6790
- Public Junior High – Rideau Park – 829 Rideau Road SW – 403-777-7480
- Public / French Immersion Senior High – Western Canada – 641 17th Avenue SW – 403-228-5363
- French Immersion Elementary (K to G4) – William Reid – 1216 36th Avenue SW – 403-777-6940
- French Immersion Elem / Junior High – Elboya – 4804 6th Street SW – 403-777-7760
Amenities and Services
Inglewood – one of Calgary’s cultural hotspots, loaded with amenities and services including…
- Pure Hair
- Inglewood Wine Market
- Spolumbo’s Deli
- Without Papers Pizza
- Calgary Zoo
- And countless others boutique shops, restaurants, pubs and more!
Victoria Park – well within walking distance is the Calgary beltline community of Victoria Park, where you will find…
- Scotiabank Saddledome
- LRT Stations
- Calgary Stampede Grounds
- Sunterra Market
- Elbow River Casino
- Talisman Centre
- And so many other amenities and services, all very close to Ramsay Calgary!
Downtown Calgary – home to thousands of businesses ready to serve, including some of the best that Calgary has to offer in terms of restaurants, entertainment, nightlife, shopping and activities.
East Village – soon enough the newly redeveloped downtown community of East Village Calgary and all of its projects will be complete! Walk to the National Music Centre, hit up the revitalized St. Patrick’s Island, or enjoy the extended RiverWalk… this and more will be possible within a few years when living in Ramsay Calgary!
Thanks to the City of Calgary Civic Census and Statistics Canada, here are some relevant demographics you might find interesting for the Ramsay Calgary Community.
- Ages 24 and below – 20.3% (2011)
- Ages 25 to 54 – 61.0% (2011)
- Ages 55 and up – 18.5% (2011)
- Average household income – $50,018 (2005)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 84.7% (2006)
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 57.6% (2006)
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 42.9% (2006)
Ramsay Community Borders
- Northern Border – Canadian Pacific Railway Mainline
- Eastern Border – Canadian Pacific Railway Tracks
- Southern Border – 26th Avenue SE and CNR Railroad
- Western Border – Elbow River
More on Inner City Homes
Questions about Ramsay Calgary Homes?
…from an experienced inner city realtor in Calgary today! Call me direct at 403-370-4180 or message me below, anytime! I am 100% committed to helping you find the best home for the best value!