Deer Ridge Calgary Homes for Sale
Deer Ridge is a family-friendly neighbourhood in Calgary’s South District set alongside Creek Provincial Park and the spectacular Bow River. Known for its mostly detached real estate with large lots and paved back lanes, the community is highly sought after by many families who enjoy the benefits of living in the southeast near all the amenities they could wish for.
Begin your search of Deer Ridge homes for sale in Calgary below. To learn more about properties in the area to schedule a private showing of any listing(s), contact our team of experienced Realtors® by calling Cody & Jordan at 403-370-4008 and we will be happy to assist you!
Search Calgary Real Estate
Search the newest real estate listings in Calgary by beds / baths / community / price + more options today!
Browse Calgary Real Estate
Why Choose Deer Ridge Real Estate?
- Premier location on the banks of the Bow River and the magnificent Fish Creek Provincial Park, one of Canada’s largest urban parks
- Easy access to the Calgary’s Major thoroughfares Deer Foot Trail and MacLeod Trail
- Exceptional connection to the outdoors with skating rinks, tennis courts, parks, playgrounds, and green spaces throughout the neighborhood
- Simple access to daily essentials like groceries, gas stations, and shopping
- A short drive to Southcentre Mall, Deerfoot Meadows Shopping and Avenida Village market
- Family-oriented neighbourhood where families tend to stay for the long term
- Ample access to public and private schools, making life convenient for parents
Deer Ridge Homes & Community
Developed in the late 1970s, Deer Ridge is an established community that provides residents with mature vegetation and large lots. Its adjacency to Fish Creek Provincial Park creates a perfect symmetry between city and nature as the neighbourhood also has convenient access to Calgary’s main thoroughfares Deerfoot Trail and MacLeod Trail.
Homes for sale in Deer Ridge come in many affordable styles from charming bungalows and delightful two-story homes. Single-family detached homes dominate the housing market in Deer Ridge, but semi-detached and multi-family properties are also found in the area.
Properties listed on the MLS® typically range anywhere from the high $100,000s to $650,000 or more for renovated properties, a price range which is ideal for buyers from many walks of life.
As mentioned above, the large lots seen for more Deer Ridge detached real estate means building a backyard suite in Calgary is easier to do and should fall within the city’s bylaws.
Deer Ridge Amenities & Parks
Deer Ridge homes for sale are close to both public amenities and Calgary’s expansive natural surroundings. Not only does the neighbourhood have exceptional parks, playgrounds and athletic fields for use by all, it also has the gorgeous Bow River and serene Fish Creek Provincial Park to enjoy year-round.
Located only a short drive away from some of Calgary’s top shopping areas like Deerfoot Meadows, Southcentre Mall, and Avenida Village Shopping Centre, Deer Ridge has all your daily errands and shopping needs covered. Gas stations, Grocery stores and local restaurants are abundant in the neighbourhood, making the southeast community a wonderful area to call home.
Some of the most popular amenities in or close by include:
- Fish Creek Provincial Park
- Fish Creek Mountian Bike Skills Park
- Mallard Point Park
- Deer Ridge Off Leash Park
- Poplar Island
- Yellow Side Park
- Deer Run Outdoor Rinks
- Bow Valley Ranche
- Meadow Muse
- Plaka Greek Taverna
- Deer Valley Market Place
- Filos Restaurant & Lounge
- Tarik's No Frills
- Big T’s BBQ & Smoke House
- Friends of Fish Creek Provincial Park Society
- Sikome Lake
The Deer Ridge Community Association also offers great year-round events and programs for its residents.
Deer Ridge Schools
Deer Ridge homeowners are blessed with the convenience of having the public school Don Bosco School located within the community on Canyon Meadows Drive. Furthermore, schools like St. Mary’s University, Lord Beaverbrook and Bishop Grandin High Schools are just a short drive from the community.
Deer Ridge is serviced by the following schools, along with their respective grades and program type:
- Deer Run School (K-6) Regular
- Lord Beaverbrook High School (10-12) Regular
- Wilma Hansen School (5-6) Regular (7-9) Regular
- Don Bosco School (Pre-School-9) Catholic
- Cecilia School (K-6) Catholic
- Bishop Grandin High School (10-12) Catholic
- Matthew School (K-9) Catholic
- Mary University
Learn more about these schools and other programs outside of the ones listed above here:
Deer Ridge Estate Agents
Are you browsing Deer Ridge homes for sale in Calgary? Maybe you're thinking about selling your current property in the area? Our experienced Realtors® have the knowledge and skillset to help guide you towards a successful transaction!
Contact Cody & Jordan with RE/MAX House of Real Estate anytime at 403-370-4008 if you have questions or would like us to set up a showing for you! Get a Free Property Valuation for your Deer Ridge home in Calgary today!
We are looking forward to helping you accomplish your real estate goals!
Return to South Calgary Real Estate