SW Calgary Homes for Sale
Begin your search of homes for sale in SW Calgary below! The southwest quadrant is home to a diverse array of neighbourhoods, many upscale with a tight-knit feel where families tend to stay for the long-term. It is the only quadrant currently with two C-Train Lines and also provides residents with quick-and-easy access to the mountains.
To learn more about SW homes for sale in Calgary or to schedule a private showing of a listing below, contact our team of experienced Realtors® with RE/MAX House of Real Estate by calling Cody & Jordan at 403-370-4008 anytime!
3603 20 Street SW in Calgary: Altadore Residential Land for sale : MLS®# A1232482
3603 20 Street SW Altadore Calgary T2T 4Z7$1,000,000Land
- MLS® Num:
- A1232482Investor/Developer inner city land development opportunity. Desirable Marda Loop location, corner lot with back alley. Close to all the amenities of 33rd Avenue SW. Current zoning is M-C1, the Vendor will allow for time for a land use change. This property is being sold for land value only. Please do not approach the tenants. More detailsListed by NOTABLY REAL ESTATE
3802 8A Street SW in Calgary: Elbow Park Residential Land for sale : MLS®# A1226161
3802 8A Street SW Elbow Park Calgary T2T 3B5$999,900Land
- MLS® Num:
- A1226161***Bring your own builder***Remarkable opportunity to build your dream home on a spectacular 50'x125' lot in Elbow Park! This lot is perfectly situated between William Reid & Elbow Park Schools in the heart of Elbow Park. Plans have been done and approved for a bungalow designed by the renowned Davignon Martin Architecture & Interior Design with approved development permit in place. Land can be purchased with no building commitment. Don't let this amazing building opportunity pass you bye! Call today for more information. More detailsListed by CENTURY 21 BAMBER REALTY LTD.
2824 25 Street SW in Calgary: Richmond Residential Land for sale : MLS®# A1213803
2824 25 Street SW Richmond Calgary T3E 1X9$935,000Land
- MLS® Num:
- A1213803ATTENTION Builders/ Developers/ Investors , cleared, 10, 285 sqft Ready for higher density zoning. MC-G or Higher is available and have design for townhouse project. Pie lot located in Richmond ready to build. You cannot find a more central location than this property, with incredible development possibility. Located on a quiet street off 26th and next door is a commercial multi level development on similar sized lot. Close to Marda Loop, one of Calgary's busiest and most sought after development districts. Drive by and see this huge lot at a price to sell. More detailsListed by BOUTIQUE REAL ESTATE GROUP INC.
Why Choose SW Calgary Real Estate?
- Beautiful foothills make for some spectacular views and landscapes
- Downtown is in the southwest quadrant, putting some areas in the south and west districts relatively close vs other parts of the city
- Home to Mount Royal University, Calgary's second largest post-secondary institution
- Serviced by the South and West C-Train lines, providing ample public transportation
- Home to Westside Recreation Centre, Southland Leisure Centre, Cardel Rec South, Repsol Sport Centre + more
- Convenient access to Spruce Meadows, Bragg Creek and the Rocky Mountains west of Calgary
- Shopping at Chinook Centre, Southcentre Mall, Westbrook Mall, Aspen Landing, Shawnessy Village + more
Southwest Calgary Communities
If you're an avid Rocky Mountain visitor, you'll surely be interested in SW homes for sale in Calgary. Getting to and from the foothills and Rockies to the west is quick to do and you'll avoid major traffic when leaving the city.
Many southwest communities enjoy beautiful landscapes with valleys and hills amid aspen groves and fresh bodies of water. Panoramic views of the mountains to the west or perhaps the downtown skyline to the east isn't unusual for many SW Calgary homes for sale.
Downtown communities - located in the southwest quadrant - enjoy a convenient lifestyle close to where all the action happens in Calgary. Redevelopment in areas like East Village, Victoria Park and now plans for West Village are revitalizing the City Centre and infusing it with Western Canadian culture while creating new event and festival hubs in the process.
Highly sought-after inner city neighbourhoods like Altadore and Killarney offer the opportunity for an inner city lifestyle in a new infill development. Meanwhile, new suburban communities like Shawnee Slopes, Discovery Ridge, Walden and Aspen are all excellent places for families to grow and create lasting memories with one another.
Southwest Calgary Parks & Amenities
Southwest residents have ample access to some of Calgary's best private schools. Webber Academy, Calgary Academy, Rundle Academy and the Edge School for Athletes are just a few of the more prominent private schools and are a huge appeal to many buyers when browsing homes for sale in SW Calgary.
Chinook Mall, Calgary's largest indoor shopping centre, is found a few minutes south of downtown on the corner of Glenmore and Macleod Trails. Southcentre Mall is a bit further south and is also an excellent mall with hundreds of restaurants, shops and services.
Repsol Sport Centre is located just south of the Beltline in Lindsay Park and on the Elbow River. It's the largest indoor recreation centre in the city, but Cardel Rec South and Westside Recreation Centre aren't far behind in terms of facilities, programs and community involvement.
The Glenmore Reservoir, Weaslehead Flats and Fish Creek Provincial Park are the three largest outdoor recreational parks used by thousands of Calgarians on a daily basis. Fish Creek is also home to Sikome Lake, a man-made lake open for summer.
SW Calgary Real Estate Agents
Browsing SW homes for sale in Calgary? Thinking about selling your current northwest property? Our Realtors® have the knowledge, tools and expertise to help guide you towards a successful transaction!
We are looking forward to helping you accomplish your real estate goals!
Return to Best Calgary Homes