Mount Pleasant is an inner city community located in the northwest quadrant of Calgary. The establishment of Mount Pleasant dates back to 1912. Many of the older homes in the area are being replaced by new infill developments
Downtown is within close proximity to the area, approximately less than four kilometres south, creating desirability for infill home buyers and developers abroad.
Mount Pleasant is situated between main routes that give access to plentiful amounts of amenities and services, while Confederation Park borders the north side of the community providing great leisure and recreation for residents.
Mount Pleasant Amenities and Services
Mount Pleasant southern border happens to be the Trans-Canada Highway that provides or gives access to a vast amount of amenities and services. Travel west on 16th Avenue NW to reach innumerable strip malls, North Hill Mall, Home Depot, Banff Trail Business park, McMahon Stadium or even a bit further down and up Shaganappi Trail to Market Mall, all of which can be reached in fewer than ten minutes of driving.
Travel east on 16th Avenue NW to reach even more strip malls, amenities and services or access Deerfoot Trail in under five minutes of driving. SAIT Polytechnic and Alberta College of Art and Design are situated across 16th Avenue NW and 10th Street NW intersection, giving students and residents alike the use of their facilities.
Jubilee Auditorium is located on the same block as SAIT that hosts a ton of eventful performances by entertainment groups and musicians. Let’s not forget Confederation Park with its massive land area that has a public outdoor swimming pool, indoor and outdoor hockey rinks, and multiple sports and playing fields.
Mount Pleasant Schools
- Mount Pleasant is home to two French Immersion schools that include King George Bilingual Elementary School and Ecole de la Rose Suavage French Junior and Senior High School.
- For public students school designation for kindergarten to grade six are either Buchanan Elementary or Rosemont Elementary, of which Rosemont has a bus courier to deliver them to and from.
- Junior High designation is to Georges P. Vanier that tends grades seven to nine and for High School students they will either go to Crescent Heights High School or James Fowler High School.
Mount Pleasant Demographics
Here are some demographics concerned with age, average income, educational levels and the percentage of owned versus rented properties. (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 25.6%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 58.5%
- Ages 55 and up – 16.0%
- Average household income – $63,053 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 85.9%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 63.7%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 36.3%
Mount Pleasant has great access public transportation. The closest LRT station is SAIT Station which is about 1.5 kilometres away from the central point of the community and is a short walk away.
Some of the many bus routes that stop within or on the borders of Mount Pleasant include North Hill, Rosedale East Calgary, 16th Avenue North, Huntington, Northland, Elbow Drive and Sandstone, BRT North and West (dedicated LRT replacement), MacEwan Express, Panorama Express, Deerfoot Centre, Renfrew and Spruce Cliff, Lions Park, Dalhousie and Calgary South (South Centre Mall), and 14th Street Cross-town from North to South.
Mount Pleasant Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – Confederation Park/32nd Avenue NW 10th Street NW to 2nd Street NW
- Eastern Border – 2nd Street NW from 32nd Avenue NW to 16th Avenue NW
- Southern Border – 16th Avenue NW from 2nd Street NW to 10th Street NW
- Western Border – 10th Street NW from 16th Avenue NW to Confederation Park
Questions about Calgary Infills?
Calgary Inner City Home Resources
Search Mount Pleasant Real Estate Listings and Calgary Infills
623 25 Avenue NW in Calgary: Mount Pleasant House for sale : MLS®# C4292190
623 25 Avenue NW Mount Pleasant Calgary T2M 2A9$919,900Attached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,215 sq. ft.206 m2Stunning Single-Family Home in the desirable inner-city community of Mount Pleasant with amazing downtown views. This 3-story home is located on one of the best-treed lined streets in Mount Pleasant. This home offers a bright open functional floor plan with over 2900 sq/feet of livable space. The main floor has an open concept floor plan featuring a beautiful gourmet kitchen with a center island with quartz counters, stainless steel appliances & tons of cabinet space. The spacious living room features a gas fireplace and an abundance of natural light from the large windows. The upper floor boasts a huge master bedroom with a walk-in closet and a gorgeous spa-like 7 pc ensuite with amazing downtown views. The two additional bedrooms are very spacious and have access to the 4-piece bath as well as the laundry room for convenience. The 3rd level is bright with private south facing patio with an amazing view of downtown featuring the custom walnut 400 bottle wine cellar. Basement has in-floor heating, a large rec room, 4th bedroom, full bath, and a beautiful wet bar. More detailsListed by 2% REALTY
3116 4A Street NW in Calgary: Mount Pleasant House for sale : MLS®# C4291835
3116 4A Street NW Mount Pleasant Calgary T2M 3B4$575,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 744 sq. ft.69 m2BUILDERS, INVESTORS ALERT! Do not miss this outstanding opportunity to own this prime property 50ft x 120ft (zoned R-C2) located on a quiet street in the sought after community of Mount Pleasant.It is a 1/2 block to the bus stop on 4th street.An opertunity to buy and hold. A raised bungalow with two bedrooms on the main floor. Kitchen ,bedroom, bath, shared laundry on the lower level. A large east facing backyard with a single garage. Walking distance to Confederation Park's biking / walking paths and children's play park. An outstanding inner-city neighbourhood offering restaurants, shopping , schools, easy access to downtown on public transit, sports plex,strong community association and one of Calgary's few out door pools. Be the next luxury home on the block! More detailsListed by RE/MAX REAL ESTATE (CENTRAL)
901 17 Avenue NW in Calgary: Mount Pleasant Land for sale : MLS®# C4291970
901 17 Avenue NW Mount Pleasant Calgary T2M 0P3$949,900Land
- MLS® Num:
- C4291970INNER CITY LOT NEXT TO THE SMALL PARK. M-X2 ZONING. EXCELLENT LOCATION, CLOSE TO SAIT, C-TRAIN, BUSES, SCHOOLS, RESTAURANTS, SHOPPING MALL, SHOPS, SUPERMARKET, AND DOCTORS OFFICE... More detailsListed by GRAND REALTY
3213 4A Street NW in Calgary: Mount Pleasant House for sale : MLS®# C4291886
3213 4A Street NW Mount Pleasant Calgary T2M 3B4$869,900Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,007 sq. ft.186 m2This brand new, single family home sits on a quiet, tree lined street in Mount Pleasant. Architecturally designed by builder/renovator Marwood Designs this home exceeds the quality of most builds. Features 10 ft.ceilings, handcrafted cabinetry, integrated luxury appliances, genuine marble backsplash, engineered hardwood floors, fireplace and heated bathroom floors in 2700+ sq. ft. of exceptional living space. Unique to this home are TWO main floor living spaces, JUMBO sized island w/ family seating, dining room and UPPER LEVEL BONUS ROOM. 3 bedrooms up with FULLY VAULTED CEILINGS, walk-in closets and gorgeous master with 6 pc. ensuite. Fully finished basement with entertainment room, wet bar, 4th bedroom, 4 pc. bathroom and large storage area. Maintenance free exterior. Amazing location next to CONFEDERATION PARK with tennis courts, baseball diamond, outdoor skating, play park and restaurants within a few blocks radius. Enjoy the luxuries of urban style living just minutes from downtown! More detailsListed by BODE
607 24 Avenue NW in Calgary: Mount Pleasant Duplex for sale : MLS®# C4291194
607 24 Avenue NW Mount Pleasant Calgary T2M 1X6$819,000Attached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,000 sq. ft.186 m2Prime time to buy prime real estate in prime area! This DUPLEX with 2 LEGAL BSMNT SUITES(4 suites in total up and down) is located in one of the best spots on one of the best streets of Mt.Pleasant kitty corner from St. Joseph Elementary Junior High School and right behind the Mt.Pleasant Park/Community Sportsplex (24 Ave in Mt.Pleasant is a quiet street without a yellow line). All 4 legal suites are occupied by tenants and bring in $4400 per month in rent(utilities are included in rent). A huge 4 CAR GARAGE is located in the back of this massive 50'x180' LOT. All suites have 2 bedrooms, a 4PC bathroom, living room and kitchen(upper suites have larger dining rooms). The property is well maintained and looked after(2 new HWT tanks and 2 new screen doors were just installed). Investors, landlords, investors and locals who would like to add to the existing/or start your portfolio - pay close attention to this one. This an amazing holding/revenue/investment property in the PRIME AREA. More detailsListed by RE/MAX FIRST