Calgary Luxury Homes in Bel-Aire
Bel-Aire is a highly sought after affluent southwest Calgary neighbourhood and for good reason; it is home to some of the city’s finest luxury properties.
Established in 1960, the area is known for having breathtaking views of downtown Calgary, the Elbow River Valley, the Glenmore Reservoir and the Rocky Mountains.
Located on the east embankment of the reservoir and south of the Elbow River, the area has much to offer its residents.
Frequent green spaces surrounding the area like the Elbow River Parkway, Glenmore Athletic Park and Calgary Golf & Country Club help to maintain a serene living experience, all the while being less than six kilometers away from the downtown core.
Bel-Aire Amenities and Services
Home owners in this prestigious Calgary community don’t have to worry about long and painstaking travel times to and from errand destinations. With Chinook Mall and Macleod Trail less than half a kilometer away west, its takes minimal time for residents to find the type of amenity they need.
An awesome attribute of its outstanding location is the opportunity for recreation and leisure fun for the whole family. The Elbow River Valley has a pathway extending all the way up north to central downtown that connects with the Bow River. Along the way you’ll find Calgary’s ultimate recreational facility, the Talisman Rec. Centre, with too many programs and activities to count.
All of this and more are what makes Bel-Aire one of the best when it comes to luxury homes in Calgary.
Public school designation for children at the elementary and junior high level is nearby in the community of Elboya.
- Elboya Elementary and Junior High is a little over a kilometer away going north on Elbow Drive and east for one block on 49th Avenue SW.
- High school designation is set for Western Canada High, which is located on 17th Avenue SW and is walking distance for students.
- Having close proximity to the public schools is a huge convenience for Bel-Aire residents, students and parents alike.
Luxury home owners are usually very specific about what they want. We have put together some useful stats collected by government census for Bel-Aire that should be of interest. (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 32.9%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 33.3%
- Ages 55 and up – 33.8%
- Average household income – $190,364 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 82.9%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 94.6%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 5.4%
Bel-Aire Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – Calgary Golf and Country Club
- Eastern Border – Elbow Drive SW
- Southern Border – Glenmore Trail
- Western Border – Glenmore Reservoir
Questions about Calgary Luxury Homes?
Call my direct line at 403-370-4180 or message me below anytime!
I go above and beyond for my clients and am committed to bringing you the best possible professionalism and service any Calgary REALTOR can offer. Please let me know how I can help you find your perfect luxury home in Calgary.