Lake Midnapore Calgary Lake Homes
Lake Midnapore is a very desirable Calgary lake community located south of Fish Creek Provincial Park and on the eastern side of Macleod Trail.
Interestingly enough, Midnapore Calgary lake homes weren’t always around as the neighbourhood used to be a small town south of the city (without a lake) before it was annexed in 1961.
It wasn’t until 1976 that Calgary lake homes in Midnapore would become a reality; this was when the construction of its 30 acre man-made lake commenced.
Today, Lake Midnapore is a very family oriented community with great access to outdoor / water recreation and is only minutes from several amenity areas.
Community Quick Facts
- Annexed by Calgary in 1961
- 30 acre man-made lake built in 1976
- Established in 1977
- Single family homes, townhomes and condominiums
- Varying price ranges, more expensive towards and on Lake Midnapore
Tucked away between Lake Sundance, Macleod Trail and Fish Creek Provincial Park, Lake Midnapore has an unbeatable suburban location that combines the best of the city, lake and park life together into one wonderful living experience.
Calgary lake homes always come with a stellar list of in-community features as well as nearby amenities and services.
Lake Midnapore is a focal point for the community where residents can go swimming, fishing, boating, ice skating and participate in all sorts of other water recreation. Having the opportunity to live a lake lifestyle in a city without many lake communities is always a blessing! Also nearby is the wonderful Sikome Lake!
Apart from the central lake, residents do not have to go out of their way to get what they need. Nearby are several amenity resources including…
Shawnessy Shopping Centre – over 100 businesses are ready to serve you at Shawnessy Town Centre, only a few minute from Lake Midnapore. Some of them include…
- BMO, TD Canada Trust, RBC
- Calgary Public Library, Chapters, Mark’s, Petland
- Co-op, Canadian Tire, Golf Town, Future Shop, GNC, Home Depot
- Boston Pizza, East Side Mario’s, Moxie’s, Phoenix Grill
- Second Cup, Starbucks, Safeway, Sport Chek, Alberta Registry
- And much more!!!
South Centre and Chinook Malls – two of Calgary’s best indoor shopping malls are located only a few minutes from Midnapore Calgary lake homes!
Macleod Trail – Not only does this amenity corridor lead all the way to the downtown core, but it is covered the entire way with countless businesses ranging from restaurants and grocers to health services and department stores.
- Public Elementary – Midnapore – 55 Midpark Rise SE – 403-777-8660
- Public Junior High – MidSun – 660 Sunmills Drive SE – 403-777-6430
- Public Senior High – Centennial – 55 Sun Valley Boulevard SE – 403-256-8140
- French Immersion Elementary – Sundance – 200 Sunmills Drive SE – 403-777-8690
- French Immersion Junior High (option 5-6) – Fairview – 7830 Fairmount Drive SE – 403-777-7900
- French Immersion Senior High – Dr. E. P. Scarlet – 220 Canterbury Drive SW – 403-281-3366
Here are some of the most relevant community statistics collected by government census.
- Ages 24 and under – 29.2% (2011)
- Ages 25 to 54 – 41.1% (2011)
- Ages 55 and over – 29.7% (2011)
- Average household income – $68,492 (2005)
- Population with a high school diploma or higher – 82.4% (2006)
- Residents who own their property – 70.5% (2006)
- Residents who rent their property – 29.3% (2006)
- Northern – Fish Creek Provincial Park
- Eastern – Fish Creek Provincial Park
- Southern – Marquis of Lorne Trail
- Western – Macleod Trail