Calgary “Speed-on-Green” Camera Locations
- April 13, 2011
- By Cody Battershill
Speed-on-Green Traffic Light Camera Locations in Calgary
Calgary is a large city with an area of approximately 850 square kilometers. With this size comes a large network of roads and opportunities for traffic tickets! Calgary is lucky to have a system of red light cameras that were influenced by a high profile fatality accident when someone ran a red light. In conjunction with the red light cameras, the city also now has about 50 "Speed-on-Green" cameras.
There is also no way around the fact that speeding is dangerous and plays a role in a high percentage of car accidents; these camera's are a good thing. If someone in your family was injured, paralyzed or killed in a car accident you would probably support these measures, and although we don't like paying tickets, these cameras do increase public safety by providing a deterrent to driving like a lunatic.
These speed on green cameras function the same as photo radar vans or trucks. A typical photo radar van can be described as the following: Usually a Chrysler minivan, newer and so clean that they are obviously parked in a police garage and never get dirty, engine is running, occasionally will have hazard lights on and sits incognito on the side of Deerfoot Trail or Memorial Drive and at other various roadways throughout Calgary...
Now the good thing about speed on green cameras versus photo radar vans is the Calgary police have poseted their stationary locations on their website so you can be aware of where they are. Always drive safe, follow the speed limits and dont race to the next red light, it doesnt change sooner the faster you get there.
Southeast Speed-on-Green Traffic Camera's
- 001 - Macleod Tr/162nd Avenue S.E.
- 002 - Macleod Trail/12th Avenue S.E.
- 008 - 61st Avenue/Barlow Trail S.E.
- 012 - 17th Avenue/44th Street S.E.
- 016 - Anderson Road/Acadia Drive S.E.
- 021 - Canyon Meadows Drive/Bowbottom Trail S.E
- 022 - Southland Drive/Acadia Drive S.E.
- 023 - Fairmount Drive/Southland Drive S.E.
- 027 - 1st Street/17th Avenue S.E.
- 031 - Blackfoot Trail/42 Avenue S.E.
- 036 - Macleod Trail/7th Avenue S.E.
- 041 - Glenmore Trail/Barlow Trail S.E.
- 043 - Macleod Trail/25th Avenue S.E.
- 051 - Glenmore Trail/52 Street S.E.
Southwest Speed-on-Green Traffic Camera's
- 006 - Sarcee Trail/Richmond Road S.W.
- 007 - 4th Street/6th Avenue S.W.
- 010 - 11th Avenue/4th Street S.W.
- 011 - 11th Avenue/14th Street S.W.
- 013 - 14th Street/Heritage Drive S.W.
- 017 - 9th Avenue/11th Street S.W.
- 024 - Elbow Drive/Southland Drive S.W.
- 037 - Bow Trail/33rd Street S.W.
- 038 - 17th Avenue/33rd Street S.W.
- 039 - Elbow Drive/Heritage Drive S.W.
- 045 - Deerfoot Trail/16th Avenue N.E.
- 046 - Macleod Trail/Sunvalley Boulevard S.W.
- 048 - 16th Avenue/Canada Olympic Drive S.W.
Northeast Speed-on-Green Traffic Camera's
- 005 - 68th Street/16th Avenue N.E.
- 015 - 64th Avenue/4th Street N.E.
- 018 - Barlow Trail/32nd Avenue N.E.
- 019 - 52nd Street /32 Avenue N.E.
- 026 - Falconridge Boulevard/64th Avenue N.E.
- 028 - McKnight Boulevard/Barlow Trail N.E.
- 029 - Barlow Trail/Centre Avenue East
- 032 - Memorial Drive/52 Street N.E.
- 034 - Edmonton Trail/McKnight Boulevard N.E.
- 035 - Memorial Drive/28th Street N.E.
- 042 - McKnight Boulevard/Falconridge Boulevard N.E.
- 047 - Deerfoot Trail/Memorial Drive N.E.
- 050 - 68 Street/16th Avenue N.E.
Northwest Speed-on-Green Traffic Camera's
- 003 - Centre Street/20 Avenue North
- 004 - John Laurie Boulevard/53 Street N.W.
- 009 - Crowchild Trail/24th Avenue N.W.
- 014 - 14th Street/Northmount Drive N.W.
- 020 - Bowness Road/Shaganappi Trail N.W.
- 025 - Beddington Trail/Centre Street North
- 030 - Shaganappi Trail/Northland Drive N.W.
- 033 - 16th Avenue/10 Street N.W.
- 040 - Country Hills Boulevard/Beddington Trail N.W.
- 044 - Country Hills Boulevard/14th Street N.W.
- 049 - 14th Avenue/Northmount Drive N.W