Rosscarrock is an inner city Calgary community located in the southwest quadrant between the neighbourhoods of Shaganappi and Westgate. This inner city community is less than three kilometres to downtown and has seen many new infill developments in the past decade.
Establishment for Rosscarrock dates back to 1954. Rosscarrock has a building designation allowing construction of semi-detached, single-detached and duplex residences only.
Rosscarrock Amenities and Services
Rosscarrock is home to Westbrook Mall where you will find a plethora of businesses including Safeway and Wal-Mart to name a few. 17th Avenue SW is also home to many businesses from east to west.
If you are an outdoor person take advantage of three of the best Calgary parks including Edworthy Park, Douglas Fir Trail and Glendale Meadows. Cross Bow Trail SW and reach the river parkway just down Spruce Cliff’s escarpment for an enjoyable experience by the Bow River. For indoor recreation, travel west up Bow Trail to find Westhills Rec. Centre, while Killarney Rec. Centre is even closer than that!
- Rosscarrock is home to Rosscarrock Elementary
- Junior high designation is Vincent Massey, while high school designation is to Ernest Manning, both of which are less than a ten minute walk from any point in Rosscarrock.
- Mount Royal University is less than five kilometres away and University of Calgary can be accessed via bus routes going downtown to the LRT terminal.
Rosscarrock is a great community to live in with all the essentials for a comfortable living experience and more! Here are some stats from City of Calgary from surveys that a potential home buyer might find interesting (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 29.3%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 57.2%
- Ages 55 and up – 13.6%
- Average household income – $43,820 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 75.4%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 33.2%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 67.1%
Public transportation for Rosscarrock can be found on 17th Avenue SW and Bow Trail in the eastern region. Not to worry, there are multiple bus routes that serve different areas, covering a wide spectrum of city routes when commuting to and fro.The new West LRT Line is now up and running, making public transportation for Rosscarrock that much more convenient.
Routes servicing Rosscarrock or areas close by include Renfrew and Spruce Cliff, Signal Hill, Valley Ridge, Circle Routes, Coach Hill, Strathcona, Cougar Ridge, BRT North and West, 69th Street, Glenbrook, Killarney and 26th Avenue. Walking to the eastern region from the furthest west point should take a person no longer than eight minutes to reach the closest bus stop.
Rosscarrock Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – Bow Trail SW from 45th Street SW to 33rd Street SW
- Eastern Border – 33rd Street SW from Bow Trail to 17th Avenue SW
- Southern Border – 17th Avenue SW from 33rd Street SW to 45th Street SW
- Western Border – 45th Street SW from 17th Avenue SW to Bow Trail SW
Questions about Calgary Inner City Homes?
Don’t hesitate to call me today at 403-370-4180 for answers! I am looking forward to your call!
Calgary Inner City Home Resources
Search All Rosscarrock Real Estate Listings
1624 40 Street SW in Calgary: Rosscarrock House for sale : MLS®# C4282332$549,900Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,173 sq. ft.109 m2Amazing rental/investment opportunity in Rosscarrock! This home contains two levels that have separate entrances, furnaces, hot water tanks and laundry. The main level has hardwood floors and spacious living space. The kitchen contains lots of cupboard space, tile flooring and a spacious pantry. There is also a generously sized living room and dining room. Three bedrooms and a four piece bathroom complete this space. The basement level has lots of windows that allow the natural light to flow in. You will also find three bedrooms, a four piece bathroom, kitchen and living room. Conveniently located nearby to shops, restaurants, amenities and the west LRT. More detailsListed by RE/MAX HOUSE OF REAL ESTATE
929 41 Street SW in Calgary: Rosscarrock House for sale : MLS®# C4280785$714,900Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,807 sq. ft.168 m2Presenting a lovely, detached 1807 sq. ft. build in the SW community of Rosscarrock. This contemporary home features maple cabinets (soft close doors and drawers), cherry hardwood flooring, quartz countertops and 9’ ceilings. The kitchen comes with a glass-top bar area overlooking a full suite of LG brand stainless steel appliances, 10” deep dual sinks and walk-in pantry. Riobel high-end fixtures compliment kitchen and bathrooms. The separate dining room (french door entry) is found off the front hall while the main floor living area, complete with gas fireplace and Bose surround sound, is situated to the back of the home. Upstairs you will find 3 bedrooms, laundry room (Samsung washer/dryer, full sink and folding counter) and 2 full bathrooms. Master bath features soaker tub, separate shower, heated floors, barn door for privacy and separate toilet. The bedrooms are spacious with 2 offering walk-in closets. Basement completed during original construction and features a fourth bedroom, 3rd full bathroom and media/games room. Central vacuum is under the stairs. Energy efficient construction features include R60 roof insulation, SOL-R casement windows by Gienow, water-saving toilets and high-efficiency furnace and hot water tank. Enmax Home Energy Report indicates 18% less energy is consumed (electricity and natural gas) than already efficient homes in the neighbourhood. The detached, double car garage is found off the back lane. Backyard is fully-fenced and features privacy height fencing for the deck/gas barbeque area and security lighting off the lane. Home is complemented by new infills on either side. More detailsListed by SELLER DIRECT REAL ESTATE
25 ROSSMOUNT Road SW in Calgary: Rosscarrock House for sale : MLS®# C4275985$599,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,048 sq. ft.97 m2Incredible Investment Opportunity near down town, C-train, future SW ring road access and all amenities. Existing house is in great shape and currently fully staged and rents with Air BNB for as much as $6000 Per month. House can be purchased with all furniture and you could start collecting rent from the day you take possession. Alternatively Sellers have not booked guests past February if you have other plans for the home. This enormous lot comes with Development permit drawings for two very unique and well designed detached houses. This would be an incredible opportunity to buy and hold while collecting revenue until you are ready to build. Also being an enormous Rc2 lot, another option could be to change the land designation and re develop with multi family. More detailsListed by CIR REALTY
4124 7 Avenue SW in Calgary: Rosscarrock House for sale : MLS®# C4190035$549,000Detached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 866 sq. ft.80 m2****ATTENTION BUILDERS & DEVELOPERS ***There is a City of Calgary Development Permit for a semi-detached duplex. All drawings, related documents & clearances , etc. are available to view with an accepted offer. This is a great opportunity to start the project right away . **** EVERYTHING AS-IS CONDITION ****Huge Price Reduction "PRICED TO SELL". More detailsListed by RE/MAX IREALTY INNOVATIONS