Spruce Cliff Calgary Inner City Community and Home Search
- February 14, 2012
- By Cody Battershill
Spruce cliff is another inner city neighbourhood in Calgary with a great inner city location, close to downtown, main routes, public transit and park areas. Spruce Cliff was established over 60 years ago in 1950, giving way to many new inner city home developments in recent years.
Spruce Cliff is partially located on an escarpment giving many of its homes beautiful views of downtown and northern Calgary. It's adjacency to the Bow River offers residents immediate access to some of the best outdoor recreation our city has to offer. See more Calgary South Infill Communities today!
Spruce Cliff Amenities and Services
Quick access to an abundance of amenities and services close by Spruce Cliff make living in the community convenient amenity wise. Most of these places are located on main routes such as 37th Street SW, Bow Trail SW and 17th Avenue SW.
Can’t find what you are looking for? Traveling short distances down 17th Avenue SW or on Bow Trail SW will provide even more businesses for residents.
Spruce Cliff has a community centre oriented towards the seniors in the area. For the young ones there is an elementary school. Spruce Cliff also features tennis courts, basketball court and some sports and playing fields.
Spruce Cliff Schools
- School designation for elementary students is Wildwood Elementary.
- Junior high school students are to attend A.E. Cross with yellow bus transportation provided because of the distance.
- Ernest Manning High is found on 17th Avenue SW and is walking distance for any high school student.
- The University of Calgary is easy to get to via bus routes down Bow Trail SW travelling east that bring passengers to downtown LRT terminals.
- Mount Royal University is less than five kilometres away.
Spruce Cliff Demographics
Statistics for a community that a potential home buyer is investigating could help to improve their opinion of the area. Here are some important demographics taken by the City from previous Censuses. (City of Calgary, Civic Census 2009)
- Ages 24 and below – 25.4%
- Ages 25 to 54 – 49.4%
- Ages 55 and up – 25.1%
- Average household income - $49,617 (Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Percentage of population with a High School Diploma or higher – 81.8%
- Ratio of residents who own their property – 47.5%
- Ratio of residents who rent their property – 52.5%
Calgary Transit routes are all allocated on Bow Trail SW, the southern border of the community. There are multiple routes that travel west, east and south. A walk from the furthest point in the community will take no longer than ten minutes to reach the routes on Bow Trail SW. The new west LRT construction has is now completed, offering near immediate proximity to downtown Calgary.
Routes situated on the borders of the community or close by include Renfrew and Spruce Cliff, Signal Hill, Valley Ridge, Circle Routes, Coach Hill, Strathcona, Cougar Ridge, 69th Street, Glenbrook, Bowness and Montgomery. Commuting times are quick when using public transportation because it is a short walk to the bus and many different shuttles serving the same stops.
Spruce Cliff Community Boundaries Are:
- Northern Border – the Bow River from 37th Street SW to Shaganappi Point Golf Course
- Eastern Border – Shaganappi Point Golf Course from the Bow River to Bow Trail SW
- Southern Border – Bow Trail SW from Shaganappi Point Golf Course to 37th Street SW
- Western Border – 37th Street SW from Bow Trail SW to the Bow River
Questions about Calgary Inner City Homes?
Calgary Inner City Resources
Search Spruce Cliff Infills and MLS® Listings
[mrp account_id=21736 listing_def=search-336384 context=recip init_attr=ipp~5,lvs~default]